Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

IMTX 2015 Camper "Camp Week Now What" Thread...

Your teammate, Kim, rightfully pointed out that you had already done a camp before the Week 15 camp week!  So what to do?

My advice is as follows -- I do like big biking this week -- if you can go 2 x 5 hours...or 2 x 4 hours..that would be good. 

Remember we didn't do the full camp as planned due to weather, so biking would be great. 

If you can't do that, then the the alternative week is fine too (it's listed there as a resource). 

This is one of your last chances to put the volume in...time to focus!!!! 

P

Comments

• The "alternative week" that Coach is talking about is found here:

http://members.endurancenation.us/TrainingPlan/TrainingPlanCentralPage/ENFULLPlanResources/VolumeStrategySeriesPartIV.aspx

And it says:
    FAQs

What if life conspires to prevent camp week from happening?

If you can't do the 112+6 / 112 / 13+, then you plan on a weekend race rehearsal. This isn't disaster; it's how the plans have been for seven years. Don't beat yourself up. Your week would change as follows:

Do the long run, slated for Sunday, on Thursday.
    Bump the RR swim from Thursday to Friday.
    Do RR #1 (112 ride / 1 hour run) on Saturday.
    Sunday OFF to recover.
    Monday back at the regular plan.
  • i am doing a big week this week.     

bikes:   two x 5 hr.    1 x 4 hr.   1 x 3 hr.           on the Kickr.           hopefully 5 hrs is close to 112 miles. 

swims.      3 x 4000 m.        maybe some extra on the Vasa Ergometer.

run.      a bit more overall.            long runs of 17 and 18 miles.        overall for the whole build, capping my long runs at 18 miles (2 hrs 15 minutes or less)