Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

IMCDA Week 11

Hey team,

I'm committed to trying to be more involved in the CDA forum this year!!  After almost doubling my workout times from one week to next last week, feeling a bit fatigued this week, but still working to get in the main sets.  Think it is mostly the run, but we'll have to see how the long run goes tomorrow morning.  I feel like I'm a lot farther along this year than I was 9 weeks prior to race in the last two years, but still have a lot of places to improve over the next 9 weeks, mostly building the endurance engine.

Hope everyone else's training is going well ~ race day will be here before you know it!!

Mark

Comments

• Options
    Glad to see some team action here! This week has been rough- working VERY long hours in preparation for a conference I'm putting on all day on Saturday. Not enough sleep and not enough workouts, and, well, unfortunately plenty of calories. I'll be doing my big day on Sunday, and then getting ready to go to Blue Ridge Camp next Wednesday.

Weather hasn't cooperated to get outdoors yet for rides consistently, but I tried being aero inside and realized I have lots of work to be done there- no more sitting straight up watching Netflix! Hope everyone has good long runs tomorrow!
  • Options
    Rachel,

The weather here isn't really cooperating here either. Not sure I'm going to be able to do the big training day due to some events I have to attend this weekend, but will still try to get as much ride time in as possible; perhaps all APB or so. Didn't feel like running yesterday, but went out and did it anyway ~ amazing how things are better once you just get going. Turned out to be a pretty productive run and may look to ramp up the pace a bit going forward.

Bike/Run test next week!! I hardly ever do the run test and just swag those paces ~ this is my first year with power so hoping to see a little FTP bump.

Have a good weekend all.

Mark
  • Options
    This week has just been a training disaster. Back in the fall I had this "great" idea to organize a small symposium in my research area, thinking 30-50 people. Tomorrow I am running a 200 person event, with a lengthy waitlist. Needless to say, the prep work has turned this week into ridiculously long hours, little sleep, and even less training. I need to remember that triathlon is a hobby, and that this is way more important, but man it has me freaking out with all the workouts missed. Next week is Blue Ridge, which will whip me into shape and spit me out!
  • Options
    Rachel; just consider it as recovery time:o)

I wasn't able to put together the big training day, but I'm not stressing it much. I've been putting in a lot of work, and I feel mostly comfortable with where I am ~ do feel I need to pick up the overall bike time. The bike is definitely my biggest weakness; I purchased a power meter this year to help focus my training. I've got dreams of a sub 6-hour bike split, but not sure I will be able to pull it off on this course.

Got a good swim in on Friday...after reading Mike Roberts swim post and listening to the corresponding podcast, I decided to put in a bunch of 100s and was pleased where I was. Weather, other commitments, and laziness gave me my first day off in weeks on Saturday, and got in a 3 hour or so APB ride on Sunday after waiting for someone to come look at the house I am renting, only to have him no-show. Weather is supposed to be on the up and up this week, so hopefully no more lows in the 20-30s to make early mornings impractical.

Anyway, already moving on to week 12 ~ things are moving fast.

Mark