Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

Spectating

My wife and I will be spectating the race. Will there be an EN Tent anywhere?

Comments

• Chris,

I would reach out to Mariah and find out her plans. Last year my wife watched the swim start from the bridge and the finish from the canal, went shopping at the mall while we biked, then parked herself at/near the Goose's Acre for the run (I think they ate by noon, started seeing runners around 12:30-1:00).  There are some grassy spots to sit in nearby if you have a chair and/or umbrella and don't want to sit in the bar all afternoon like some.  And it was about a 50-yard walk to watch the finish and another 50-yard walk to the post-race area to find me huddled under a tree in the fetal position.  She said it was the most spectator-friendly IM she's attended, even better than the bar-lined run courses at FL and Moo.

Have fun, stay hydrated, cheer loudly.

• No tent- they changed the space and I just can't make it work. I will be at Body Marking, Swim start, bike mount and then the EN flag will be at Mile 2/18 of the run course with me and a few other EN spouses- then the finish line until everyone passes- 919-961-4393 is my digits- find me out there- after race beers is that the goose' acre

BRING YOUR RAIN BOOTS!