Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Boulder
Options

Week 12 Training Thread

Welcome to week 12!  If you haven't looked ahead this week is a test week for both the bike and run.  If you feel like you need to test, be sure to give yourself plenty of rest on the front and back ends.  Personally, i don't i have a need to retest.  As i start moving into the race prep, i start to rely more and more on my long rides to derive my FTP and associated race paces.  However, this is very individual and if you feel something has changed either up or down, it's in your best interest to retest.  What i typically do if not testing during a test week, is to repeat the previous week's workouts.  That approach has always worked for me.  As always, listen to the weekly coach's podcast if you have any questions, and of course, feel free to post here or in the training forum, for wider viewing.  Have a nice week everyone!

Comments

• Options

Not much activity in this weeks training thread, myself included.  Volume has really started to pick-up and the juggling act that is race preparation is now in full swing.  Bike volume is biggest change and i feel really good about my 2 rides this week.  Saturday was at RPP and Sunday i tried to hit ABP and use it as a mini-training day for my boulder 70.3 race next saturday.  Anyway, lets put this week behind us and move on to week 13.