Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

IMLP Week 16/4 - Holding the Line

Welcome to Week 16 peeps!

As Al recommended, if you just completed CAMP week 15, so important to follow the Post CAMP week schedule resting and absorbing as much as you can.

For those of us that did CAMP in LP, we are going back and doing Week 14 this week then onto Week 17 next week.

The next 3 weeks are tricky and HUGELY important walking that thin line between IM training and overtraining. Reminder to listen to your body, be smart, stay close to the forums and use the veterans daily.  Over cooking this thing and injuring yourself is not a smart strategy at this point given all the work done to date and the relative close proximity of the race date.  I say this as much for the team as I do for myself.   Not an easy thing to arrive to race date healthy both physically and mentally.

I'll be monitoring myself each day, each workout, each interval, each minute to do what I can with the cards that I have. .........and I promise you, I'll be scraping for those inches along the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSDhhZtRwFU

Looking strong all!

SS

Comments

• Options
    Shaughn, Thank you for the reminder to keep the eye on the bigger picture.

Typically when I feel too fit something always happens.

I felt fine with the workouts last week after the camp, and even felt fine on the long run on Thursday....and felt disappointed (in myself) yesterday when I let myself take the day off and did a bunch of chores around the house.

Then last night I looked back at the last several weeks of good work and patience to get one thing done at a time, and knowing that I have a full distance aqua bike race this coming Sunday I felt like taking the day off was a good idea moving forward.

Good luck to everyone this week.

AND PLEASE NO MORE BIKE ACCIDENTS!!!!!

OH Great clip.  You might also like this one  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN-3ohljcCc

• Options

I've been MIA from the forums for a week but got in some decent rides on the weekend.  Actually two of the best I've done in some time. 

After a grad last night I think I'm on track this week to do my first race rehearsal on Saturday when it's supposed to be very hot by our standards, possibly touching the 90's.  They are forecasting 15 hours of sun and low winds so I can't complain.  It will be what it is come Saturday I just get out there and ride.

• Options

Good morning peeps!

Watching Tim, Al, Ed, Charles, Don, Bill, John and others getting it done on Strava this week so far!  Derrek is recovering from CAMP with others from last week.

Monday was a foggy morning coming off of Sunday long run for me.  Got in a long swim at lunch and incline run on the mill in the afternoon.....once I got some blood flowing through my legs it was manageable.

Tuesday got on the horse for a quality trainer session and did some Z1-Z3 work on the TM @ 1.5% in the evening.  Too hot to run with quality outside here in Dallas right now.

Trying to swim and run today between professional work load requirements.    

Have a great week all!  Its Hump Day!!

• Options

Posted By John Bayone on 22 Jun 2015 04:27 PM

OH Great clip.  You might also like this one  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN-3ohljcCc

That's another good one I watch about every 4 or 5 months!!