Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Boulder
Options

Week 16 Training Thread

Welcome to Week 16!  If you did camp week last week then you should be reading this with your feet up relaxing.  If you couldn't do camp or are not planning to do camp week, your training plan gives guidance on how you should be progressing independent of the big block of training that goes along with your camp week.  For me, i'm writing this from western, NY and i'm waiting until the temps warm up a bit before starting my first of several long rides this week.  I will be modifying things to account for a week off visiting family and training here in NY.  It looks like they are getting the rainy and cold weather that we had in colorado for much of may.  

Please note, i posted the signup sheet in the general info thread.  Please signup and indicate if you are planning to attend the team dinner on thursday night.  More details shortly, but i'd like to get a headcount so we can secure reservations before it gets too late.  Have a great week everyone!

Comments

• Options

It's Tuesday evening and so far my big volume week is going pretty well.  I biked 103 miles on Monday, clocking in at a respectable .76 IF and following it up with a short 3 mile brick.  Today i did 4200yds in the pool followed by running 2x1mile @z4 plus 5 bonus miles.  It's funny about being in my old home town - it's a little bit like Rocky3 when Rocky goes to train with Apollo in inner city LA.  The pool i swam is old and run down.  The track i was running on was made of gravel with plenty of weeds throughout.  It's very back to basics and i having to improvise, but in a way it's actually refreshing.  There are lots of short steep hills here and they are perfect for short bursts of high intensity during an otherwise Z1/Z2 run.  I'm focusing on working hard when i'm training and then eating right and recovering when i'm done.  If I play this week smart this big volume week comes at a perfect time in my IM build.