Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Arizona
Options

IMAZ '15 Tucson Athletes

Hello! 

Now that I'm home again-in Tucson -looking for fellow EN folks with inside scoop on best ride locations around Tucson for EN type training rides.

Yeh..... I know about Mt Lemmon etc.....but what about good flat IMAZ-ish roads good for 20+min in aero ride intervals that wont knock my teeth out etc.   I'm out on east side but imagine Id need to head out to Oro valley ...unless you know of something besides pistol hill loop?

Anyone on Strava as well?

Comments

• Options
    Here's mine....Parklink from frontage road to rte 79 , little more out of the way for you but may worth the drive , but its almost perfect for a IMAZ RR , 18 miles of steady 1% incline/decline for 36 mile laps.... do it 3 times for the 110 mile RR, very light traffic , and for Tucson standards "good pavement".... There is even a brand new road off the west side of Parklink called Pecan Road that is like glass and its 7 miles dead end with NO traffic.... I will be spending last couple weeks of Sept on this road prepping for KONA and then again in late OCT early Nov for IMAZ.... You can park at either end , just make sure you bring all you need but there is a store 5 miles north on frontage road off the west end of Parklink. My 2nd choice would be on AJO from Three Points towards Kitt Peak, if you park at Three Points you can ride 22 miles west on Ajo (6 miles past the entrance to the climb of Kitt Peak) on very nice pavement , almost flat, couple stores along the way....

https://www.strava.com/activities/129625808#2924686635