Home General Training Discussions
Options

Anyone have last years run focus OS plan?

Would like to see the intermediate and advanced OS run focus plans.  My goal this year is to build my run and want to see if I can tweak this years OS a bit to help with my goal.

You can e-mail it to me directly at:  IronTriDad@Gmail.com

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

I don't have the run focuesed plans from last year, however I did the bike focus plan which had rides tue, thur, sat, sun and four days of running (tue,wed, fri, sat).

I did creat my own "run focus" by slowly adding other days until I got up to the schedule below around week 8 or 10 of the OS and then held this for the last 10 weeks.

Mon: rest day if I felt like it (usually ended up doing an easy 30-60 minute run and/or a swim)

Tues: scheduled brick run from plan

Wed: scheduled interval run from plan

Thur: ~30 minute brick run @ EP

Fri: scheduled interval run from the plan

Sat: scheduled brick run from plan

Sun: brick run - started at 30 minutes and worked up to 1:30 by the end of the OS to get ready for a half marathon

Disclaimer: I was coming off about 6 months of marathon focused training and a 60+ mpw average before lasts years OS so my body was used to the run volume.

I highly recomend only adding one extra run per week at a time and see how your body reacts for a few weeks befoe adding too much.

• Options

Thanks, Matt.  You and I PM'd about this a couple of months ago and I started adding the extra run day at LRP+ with no Garmin, etc.  Just an easy run for 45'.  I called them "Mancona Miles."    Made a big difference.   Thanks!

• Options
    John-

Don't think we ever imagined our plans would become trading cards. This years plans are diferent and we wrote a 'how to focusify your plan' doc; plse refer to that. If you'd like to see the adv plan I can drop it into your account when you submit a 'plse change my plan' request via the plan page. In addition, if you are paying us to coach you (you are) plse have a dialogue with us as to whether or not an Adv run focus is right for you...make me earn my paycheck!!!! image

P
  • Options

Thanks, Patrick.  Didn't want to bother you and R cuz you have enough on your plate.  :-)  So just went to the forum.

I am already on the Advanced plan for this OS.  I did a search for the focusify doco and couldn't find it.  Not in Wiki either.  Not readily seen in Training plan central or training plan page.  Can someone point me to it.

Thanks.

John 

• Options
    John-
    My bad, per your post it seemed as though you wanted the previous year's plans, not the focusify doc. I will hook it into the Train Map once I get home, thanks!

Patrick
  • Options
    Posted By Patrick McCrann on 23 Nov 2009 06:05 AM

John-

My bad, per your post it seemed as though you wanted the previous year's plans, not the focusify doc. I will hook it into the Train Map once I get home, thanks!

Patrick
    P:  I did.  Was going to look at them for reference. 
    FYI - Hayes sent me the focusify doco this morning.  Hope all is well.
    John

• Options

John -

I have posted the "Focusify Your OS Plan" doc as a PDF file to the Bike and Run portions of the Train Map (See downloads section).

Thanks for pointing out it wasn't accessible,

Patrick