Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Wisconsin
Options

Be Careful Out There!

Don't want to scare anyone ... just a note of caution:

Post from Facebook Wisconsin training secrets page...

Regarding Garfoot Road, note this is a very technical and fast descent which breaks right, left, then right. Often gravel is near the edge of the turns and traffic comes flying up the hills.

I can't stress enough unless you are a superb downhill bicyclist with near perfect handling skills to take your time on this road. We have seen way to many injuries here!!!!! Please listen and learn.

We had another severe head injury recently happen here.ย 

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Man-critically-injured-in-bicycle-crash-317554921.html

ย 

Comments

• Options

Sue, thanks for the reminder and heads up. We'll talk about this at the camp.

Folks, this is really nothing to worry about. You'll know where this is and ride it cautiously. It's literally 3 turns, not a big deal unless you're riding like you own the road, etc.ย 

• Options
    Thanks for sharing, Sue! I rode the course earlier this week and as Rich says, not a huge deal but definitely good to know its coming & be cautious! Dang, that course is so fun to ride!!

On a related note, I thought I should mention that there's a left turn onto a road (I think Witte, but I'm not 100% positive, it's a left before Garfoot though) that's full of chip gravel right now so watch out for that as well if anyone is planning a training ride soon. Too fast of a left turn there could have been dangerous for me!