Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Boulder
Options

Week 19 Training Thread

Welcome to taper time!  As your training plan states, you are now officially done training for Ironman.  Congrats!  The focus from here until race day is all about remaining healthy and finding opportunities to rest your body so all the fitness you have accumulated can sink in and be ready for you to put use on August 2nd.  If ever there was a time where less is more, these next 2 weeks are it.  For me I will pretty much stick to the training plan, but I will try to swim as often as possible over the next 2 weeks even if I’m just getting in 1000-1500 on non-swim workout days.  I find that my swimming falls off quickly when I haven’t swam for a couple days.

A couple other points…Remember to focus on the things you can control.  Focus on writing your race place, post it in the forums for feedback and review it frequently over the next 2 weeks.  Focus on body comp.  Again, one of the best things you can do is to log all your food intake over the next 2 weeks so you can avoid showing up to the race with an extra 2-3 pounds that you will need to carry around for 140.6 miles.  And finally, start making your checklists.  I have checklists for packing, for the days leading up to the race, the night before, morning of, and transition.  It takes thinking out of the equation so that you are just executing from that list.

A quick note on water temp in the Boulder Res.  I saw a note on FB yesterday that the temp dropped to between 70-71 degrees.  It’s looking good for wetsuit legal, but I’m bringing my swimskin just in case.  As always, any questions at all, just ask!