Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum πŸŽβ€Ί 140.6 Forumsβ€Ί Ironman Wisconsin
Options

IMWI Athlete's Guide is Up

Viewable here

Notable Items:

• Still a mass swim start
  • Lots of advertising / buy this messages.

That's about it, everything else is pretty standard, or at least hasn't changed from past IMWI iterations.Β 

Comments

• Options
    Interestingly on p.17 item #7 says shoes can be on the bike in transition. But p.7 "Mandatory bike and gear check" (last paragraph) contradicts this and specifically states cycling shoes must be in the transition bag. Clear as mud.
  • Options

Posted By Matt Aaronson on 11 Aug 2015 06:59 PM

Interestingly on p.17 item #7 says shoes can be on the bike in transition. But p.7 "Mandatory bike and gear check" (last paragraph) contradicts this and specifically states cycling shoes must be in the transition bag. Clear as mud.

Ah...I missed that. It was an item I wanted to look for but forgot to do so. I'm 95% sure that IM has been letting shoes be on the bikes this year for pretty much all Ironman's. I'm betting p.17 #7 is the real deal but p.7 is simple a cut and paste from old guides.Β 

Since this is your first Ironman, I think it would be a GREAT idea for you to go to one of the mandatory athlete meetings and tell everyone, via GroupMe, what the Real Deal isΒ 

• Options
    They had this situation or similar in Canada and said that shoes could be on the bike as a result. If you want the nitty gritty, go to the athlete meeting or make friends with someone who did. image
  • Options

FWIW, I heard the same as Dino at Whistler....since it's was contradictory, they were allowing shoes to be on the bike. Β