Home General Training Discussions
Options

Forerunner 310xt battery - last a week?

Hi,

I know the battery will last 10 hours (I've done it).  They say it will last 20 - groovy.

My trouble is with the battery dropping off over the course of a week, maybe two.  And I'm not running THAT much - maybe 6 hours total in two weeks.  Then I turn it on...and it's dead dead.

Anybody else having this problem?  I called Garmin, and their (lame) direction was to plug it in whenever I'm not running.  Huh???  My 305 would have lasted twice this long.

Mike

Comments

• Options

Don't have a similar issue with mine at all. Charge it about a little more often than once a month is all. Sounds like yours is misbehaving.

Lynne

• Options
    Mine is better than that, unless I forget and leave it on after it transfers the data. The batter also dies quick when I leave it in the outside pocket of luggage in the bottom of the plane. I assume that is because battery charge and cold mix poorly.

Yours seems like there is an issue.
  • Options

The only issue I have had is if I forget to turn it off.  I usually charge it once a week, I don't know if I need to, I'm just paranoid i'm going to be in the middle of a ride or run and have it die on me.

• Options
    Well, it was dead again this morning. Lucky, I had turned it on with 10 minutes left in my bike ride, so I quicky hooked it up and got enough charge to last through the short brick run.

It's going back on Monday.

Thanks for the replies folks,
    Mike
  • Options

I haven't tested mine for more than 7 hours of continuous operation, but I can leave my for weeks with a full charge and come back to a decent amont of battery time left. I've left it on once and drained it. I try to charge it every few days during "heavy use".