Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Arizona
Options

IMAZ Week 13 of 20

Sorry for being so late with the new thread this week. That will not happen again!

We had a lovely weekend here in PA and I made the most of it with two nice long weekend rides!

This week looks to be a big week compared to the recovery week we just finished.

Only 8 weeks left until raceday!

Comments

• Options
    My monday swim was uninspired and also cut short due to time issues. I didn't get out of work until almost 7:00, which started my issues and when I did get into the water, I just was not feeling it. I've been trying to change up my swim work anyway, so I took the opportunity to do a CSS test and determine my CSS pace (2:13). I'm going to switch up to swim smooth workouts and see what happens. I think I may be swimming anaerobically, so I'm going to try and slow things down a little and see if that helps.

The Tuesday run went well. I had a little trouble getting to a Z4 pace on the fist interval, but I got close and I did manage to get there for the second interval. I guess it just took longer to wake up this morning.

Tonight is more swim and tomorrow is a bike/run brick.

• Options
    I seem to be feeling some of the cumulative fatigue. After a relatively long weekend, Monday I swam and ran. Tuesday I had PT for my knee, then did a quick but hard 15' bike to warm up for 15' weights; followed by a swim lesson (the body at 58 doesnt remember what the college body did.) Wednesday I ran with 5' Z1, 5' Z2, 24' Z3, 5' Z2, 5' Z1. Then after work rode the 2 x 15. Tried the 5' @ 11% but that was a fialure after 1'. Today the long run the legs felt tired and heavy. Got into a pace but could not really vary it much. got pretty fatigued towards the end and the last 2 miles were a struggle. I am not really used to this much training ;<) I will try to join in more as we get closer to the BIG DAY!
  • Options
    I don't know about you, but I'm super glad that this week's over. Between work and training, this was one tough week.

My Saturday ride was a new route that was ok but not great. I hit a dead end after 2.5 hours, so I took that as a sign and turned around and followed the same route back home. The out was a net gain from an elevation standpoint so the back was a net loss, which helped turn a so-so start into an acceptable effort. I'll make some tweaks next week and hopefully it will be smoother.

https://www.strava.com/activities/400786442

I followed this up with a short brick including the 1x1 Z4.

https://www.strava.com/activities/400809913

Today was an ABP, so I pushed pretty hard!

https://www.strava.com/activities/400809913

I also managed to get a new chain for my tri bike and get my road bike into the shop for a much needed tune. Camp week is looming large so I'm headed over to Amazon in just a second to order more nutrition and then it's back to watching Choo finishers for a little mental recharge.

Hopefully everyone had a great week!