Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

IM MD 2.0 - Race Week... again!

Deja vu!  

This is it... you all WILL BE IRONMEN/WOMEN by midnight this coming Saturday.  Have a calm week; check the checklists (at least you've already made them ); pack extra layers - looks like it will be a beautiful sunny day, but cool; and take lots of deep breaths... remember everyone has gone through the same hassles as you the last couple weeks.  Please, someone take pics! 

For all you social media fiends on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc, here is where you can post

Twitter @TeamEN,

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/endurancenation?ref=ts&fref=ts,

Instagram : #EN4Keys  

I will be thinking of you all this week and wishing you the very best!  

Your faithful (but regretfully absent) Race Captain - Julie

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Julie! So sorry you won't be joining us.

Apologies for having checked out over the last week, I went to Chicago for what was supposed to be my "yeah I'm an Ironman" trip to see friends and watch one run the marathon. Instead it was my, I can't stay up late and need to train for my ironman trip to Chicago. Needless to say I tapered pretty heavily! I did run about 16 on Sunday instead of riding my bike.

I have to say I actually feel much more relaxed this week than I did 2 weeks ago, maybe I am just too over it to get all worked up again. I'm a little nervous about the cool weather but I am enjoying watching what everyone has to say in response to Nate.

Did we settle on a picture/meet up time on Friday? I should be there about noon and would love say "hi" to one and all.

Have a good week!
  • Options
    Sarah,
    the responses to the "what should I wear" question are pretty great. I basically change my mind on what to wear about 5 times an hour. I may just leave T1 in a santa suit. In all honesty I may have a basic setup on what to wear and then have a few choices in my T1 bag to make a game time decision based on how cold I am coming out of the water.

I'm right there with you on being over it, excited, and a bit more relaxed all at the same time. I'm just glad its supposed to be sunny as that is such a nice mental boost on race day even if it will be a bit colder in the morning.
  • Options
    Thinking of all you crabbies and the "excitement" of day before race day! Can't wait to follow your adventures tomorrow... looks to be a beautiful sunny day with no heat worries image . "Enjoy" your day, stay calm today, and EXECUTE like a ninja! Look forward to the race reports!!