Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Peachtree International Olympic

Did my first tri of the season, a local Olympic distance race.  It's not worthy of a full report like an IM, but wanted to report on my finish.  Finished first in Clydes, 31st overall out of about 430 that finished.  Even beat the guy who cooked me last year.  Followed a race strategy from Coach P almost to the letter.  Swam for only the second time this year, but came out of water in 3rd for Clydes.  Coach P told me to just cruise and stay technical.   Normally, I would blow it out on bike and have nothing for run.  However, the EN way of staying in your zone on the bike and not fighting for hills allowed me to have a solid run.  Went out a little strong in first mile of run and faded in mile 5, but came back in last mile.  Total time of 2:17.  Averaged 22.2 for bike and 7:11 for run.  22 minutes and some change for the swim.  A little sore today, but nothing like I felt last year for my first tri of the season.  Felt the EN way pay off.

Comments

• Options
    WTG Clinton, dont under estimate an Olympic distance race as unworthy. It sounds like a great start to your season. Keep up the good work! :-)