Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas
Options

IMTX 2016- Week 9

Week 9-GUESS WHAT IM TEXAS TEAM?
You are NOW officially in Ironman Training!
At 12 weeks out from Texas, Coach Rich and Coach Patrick have now crowned and officiated you into IM world. Most of you are coming off OutSeason, some maybe Bike Focus, Run Focus, ect.. some of you tested in the last couple weeks and now it is official. The great thing about Endurance Nation Ironman training is, you don't have to kiss your family friends and coworkers goodbye for the next 12 weeks. With effective training for the "everyday athlete" you should still have time for a life outside of compression socks and power meters!
Make sure to watch the videos, podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website. They are located on the right side of the your training page.  CHECK THEM OUT! Maybe listen to them as you stretch, roll or recover or as you fuel up for a workout.  
Thanks for checking in and introducing yourself!! So now lets hear it, make some noise.... Any questions for the team?
Like my picture reminder says.... MAKE SURE TO REST! As the 5th discipline in IRONMAN training, it often gets overlooked. Remember to rest. Your body (and your family) will thank you!
Peace, Love and Sweat!
- Your trusty Race Captain, Laura
Don’t forget to post on your workouts and keep us in the loop! If you have a pic or video to post remember to use #EN4Keys! Let’s seem some SWEAT! HERE WE GO!!
#EN4Keys

Comments

• Options
    Monday workout! Check! Was pleased that my ankles/calves/Achilles felt so good on incline. OS hill repeats kept everything up to snuff. image

Pool heater broken so missed optional swim. I was NOT up for swimming in 68o water. Blah!! Found another local gym that will let me swim today. Yay!! Then I saw the workout...ugggh. That's gonna take me all morning! I'm certainly grateful Tuesday mornings are my off half days. If I don't swim early I'm bad about bagging it. But seriously..I will certainly be getting my guest pass monies worth !??

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!! #workworks

• Options

Wow that swim seemed tough today after yesterday's swim.  My sprints were more like...  well slower.  My arms had nothing in them by the time I got to the 400s.  Its going to take a few more weeks to get used to swims in the 3000s.

I enjoyed to hill run yesterday.  We had a really cool orange sky with the sunset.  Its staying light out later, so I think I will bring my phone along to try and capture some of these.  Of course we are getting snow on Thursday for the long run day.  The park I run at is really nice, and they are good at clearing the paths.

Have to get back to work....

Happy training!

• Options
    @Brian...way to go with b2b swims. I was very determined to get it all in. Not pretty but I definitely held better form longer. Yay. Swim & run today....check !! ??

Friends don't let friends skip red exclamation point workouts!! Haha!??????????

Cheers!!
  • Options
    Did the split runs today. First time for that kind of running and I have to say it didn't go too badly. Was able to hold my pace on the second run. We shall see how tomorrow goes!
  • Options
    Hi all! Hope training is going well.

@Tom- me too. Never done 2 runs in the same day. Felt better on the second one than I expectedimage Excited to see how this translates into speed!

@Stephanie- That's great about friends don't let friends skip red exclamation point workouts!

Chose to skip the Fri ride this week to rest- bordering on some weird cold or something. Rode today & was surprised by the speed I kept. Great news. Now to do all the rides & hold that for next week. So great to connect with others in the same boat!!

Luvs!
  • Options
    what a week! EN is serious suffering! 1000TSS this week!!!! I didn't think I could do today's 3 hr bike ride but the training must work! And why not; let's do it again next week! Good luck everyone!
  • Options

Yeah Frederick!  Well there were a couple of firsts for me this week.   It was the first time I remember doing 7 runs in 6 days.  I actually ran 8 days in a row going back to last week.  Three and half hours on the trainer yesterday had to have been my longest trainer ride.  I could only handle 90 minutes today.  I got started too late and had things to do.  Lesson learned, get it done early!  Oh, and that Wednesday bike is....  well challenging!   Next weeks looks similar, but a little longer.  Time to rest!  Oh yeah...  the swim felt much better on Friday.