Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

IMCDA Lodging

Ok tripeeps ...... I need 

Ideas on best places to stay for IMCDA .... Whatcha got?! Make some noise 

Comments

• Options
    My wife and I are renting a house through VRBO for the full (and we have one bedroom that's empty if anyone is interested in sharing it with us). For the HIM we're staying at Idahome B&B. They pamper athletes and when we stayed there in 2010 they served a champagne breakfast the day after to celebrate. I highly recommend them. Both places are about a 15 minute drive to the race site in the quiet countryside. Oh and the B&B will set up on site massages the day after if wanted.
  • Options
    Staying with my sister for the 70.3. Born and raised in CdA.
  • Options

In 10 x there, I stayed 5 x @ the La Quinta on Sherman. At the corner with Lakeside Dr, where the run goes by 4 x. Right next to a freeway entrance. 2 miles straight down Sherman to the center of town. Away from the tacky-tack along Appleway by the freeway north of town. Shaded, quiet.

If you want to be in the center of the race, the choices are the Resort ($$$), or BnBs ($$). Closest motels are 2 miles away.

• Options
    Red Lion in Post falls is quiet.   15 minutes away.   nice view of river.      fairly cheap.
  • Options
    In 2013, I rented a full cabin right on Hayden Lake for a week for $1500. Could've fit 10 people in there, was peaceful, and only about 20 minutes to race site. In 2015, I stayed with friends in SpoCompton.
  • Options

I am staying at: 

Roosevelt Inn B&B

105 East Wallace Avenue, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

http://www.therooseveltinn.com

IMCDA friendly and a couple blocks from start/finish ... they gear the entire week towards the race with special meals and constant supply of fruit and snacks ... pretty full when I booked a month or so ago, I think you have to stay a full week during the race event.  Great owners, very friendly!