Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

IMTX 2016- Week 14- Run Focus/Fatigue

Week 14- Run Focus Week
Alrighty folks- how ya’ll doin?!? It’s AWESOME to read your posts and hear how things are going! Things are certainly ramping up but ya’ll are ROCKSTARS!
So the coaches declared this a “Run Focus Week”.  What that means is if possible, aim for a few more than your "typical" week by either inserting another run day or adding a small amount to every run you do.   HOWEVER- This is entirely optional, it simply plays into their separate build / taper approach for managing fitness by discipline across your Race Prep phase.
In saying that, as we start the week- check in with yourself.  How are you feeling? How’s your body handling the training stress? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch Coach Patrick’s discussion on cumulative fatigue under Week 14 IM video.  (Located on the right side of your Training Plan page).
He shares some EXTREMELY important and valuable information about smart training.

Alright Texas Crew-Make sure to post in the forum or social media so we can see your hard work this week. I am so unbelievably proud of you all for all the talking going on in the forums. This is hands down going to be an awesome group of EN'rs and I can't wait for you to crush it. Go out there and make us proud!

Comments

• All is well. Not as engaged in the forums as in years past but training is going well. Missing fewer sessions, getting more TSS than the last time I took a swim at imtx. This is a bad time of year for me to try and race due to seasonal work issues but things are going well this go around. Healthy. Was able to get creative on a recent work trip. Brought my bike and trainer and was able to get a bunch of trainer work done in my hotel room. This week I will be combining my long run with my daughters soccer schedule by running laps while she is practicing and making my long run from the house to her game. Happy for the way the build is shaping up and interested to see if it translates into a good race.
  • Interesting about the bike course change. Hope we won't be going up and down the parkway endlessly!

Did 4000 yards straight in the pool today. Definitely tired by the end!
  • Nice work Tom!  We are getting snow in Michigan tomorrow, so I will be doing my ride on Zwift.  Why do I live here? Ha Ha! I don't care what they do to the bike course, as long as I'm not bundled up in winter gear with toe and hand warmers under my cloves and shoe covers!

Have fun riding everyone!