Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Motivational Rant

I rarely do this inside the team (seems to get posted to my social media more) but this girl has inspired me and I know she will you as well. Her story deserves to be shared, and maybe just maybe she will become part of one of your "one things" 

Some of you may or may not know, my "story" one that I will not go into fully but if you've ever trained with me at all, it tends to come out of my mouth as a form of reason why Im slow. My back hurts, I have no feeling on the outside of one side of my body and my right knee throbs sometimes. Because my scars can be covered and my symptoms masked. My car accident changed everything about me. My current career, my personal life, my way of thinking and the way my body is. It was, the best thing, to EVER happen to me. Even with the bad stuff, I wouldn't change a thing. 

Please watch this video of this AMAZING woman who takes what happened to her and turned it into something that I hope is inspiring the world:  Catching Kayla 

Kayla has MS and is nothing short of someone I hope to be more like every single day. 

She says "I hope to run as long as I can make the most of it as long as I can, when or if Im not able to run at some point down the road, at least I can look back and know that when I could I gave it my all" 

Inside the haus at any given moment, all of us will deal with personal issues, pain, injury, stress etc. I challenge you to turn everything going on into some sort of positive light. If you need motivation, its here, if you need a friend, we are here, but lets take a tip from Kayla and make this year of our races, the year we give a little more, give it our all. Every single one of you are my teammates and I feel so blessed to know you and watch you do some amazing things. 

Thank you for letting us be apart of your training moments, your finish line victories and a little bit of your story, you are absolutely, part of mine as well! 

Comments