Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2016 IM Mont Tremblant- WELCOME!!

Hello AMAZING IM Mont Tremblant Racers!!!
WELL here we are! 13 weeks from the race! And I am PUMPED to join you on this journey as your Race Captain! Each Sunday- I will be starting a thread in the IM Mont Tremblant forum as a place for your to post your workout reports, questions, comments, mojo anything you got! Please know I am HERE FOR YOU. So if you have questions, comments, concerns, need some venting time- whatever! SEND IT MY WAY! Next week we will start weekly training threads but before we do that, I want to get some of the administrative homework out of the way.

Check out the IM Mont Tremblant Master Racing Page: HERE

On Social Media? Follow, Share, Spread the word about training with EN using #EN4Keys and tagging us on all platforms:

Twitter - @teamen ---- Instagram - @teamendurancenation ------ Facebook - www.facebook.com/endurancenation

Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN (they get 30 days FREE and you can earn referral bonuses)

Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing IM Mont Tremblant to chime in on the weekly forums

Check the box to follow the entire IM Mont Tremblant forum so you don't miss a single announcement

Friend Mariah on Facebook so that she can tag you in pictures and race recaps the week after your race on the EN page

Your training hashtag is #EN4Keys and of course tag us if you wish, let’s tell the world!

Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics, tune up that bike, stretch out those legs and prepare that mental game and order the nutrition you need because we are about to dive head first into EN training.
Starting next Sunday night I will post the weekly forum with the training dates, some mojo, advice, admin notices and general EN awesomeness. Whether you're a veteran EN member or newbie, this is the magic of training with the team. We will keep each other motivated, have a place to talk about our daily training ups and downs, get questions answered, answer fellow teammates questions and make some friends along the way. The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!
If you have any questions about race weekend, Endurance Nation, whatever it is------I your trusty Race Captain extraordinaire will be here to answer any and all you can throw at me- just send me a message or post it here!!
I'm sure I have left some things out but no need to worry, we have plenty of time to IRON (see what I did there) all that out before race week.
On your mark.... get set.... GO!

Comments

• Options
    @Laura. Thanks for stepping up to be our IMLP Race CAPT!
  • Options
    Thank you Laura!!
  • Options
    Thanks Laura!

shit is getting real.

Anyone having any questions regarding the Mont-Tremblant's and Montreal's area, please reach to me as its my territory =) I can assist you with anything if needed!

Enjoy the training!
  • Options
    Hello all, can't believe we are only 13 weeks away...looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing!
  • Options
    Hello IMMT gang! I'm very excited to start full IM training and a bit nervous as well. Mont Tremblent will be my second IM so I'm still learning every training day :-o
    Laura, Thank you so much for taking on IMMT race capt! Do you ever sleep? ;-)
  • Options

Looks like we will be rolling into Mont Tremblant on Tuesday August 16 noonish (barring any bear encounters!).  

Looking forward to meeting everyone! 

• Options
    We will be getting there on Wed. Time tbd, but planning to leave Connecticut early morning - coming with my wife and two kids. See you there!
  • Options
    I should be getting in town Wed evening - a long drive from Michigan....
  • Options
    Should arrive Wed when my wife gets back from work.. a big 1h30 drive =)
  • Options

Team dinner wednesday evening?   I will be in Ottawa on Thursday night.  

• Options
    grr just looked at the calendar and confirmed with her, can't make it Wed, we will arrive Thursday in the evening.

• Options
    I'll be flying in from So Cal on Wednesday. Hope we get a chance to all meet up! I'm hoping for temps to be in the low 70's! Last year was HOT and HUMID!
  • Options
    I was planning on arriving Thursday. But going to Ottawa. If you plan a team dinner/gathering Thursday I'll make arrangements to be there. :-)
  • Options
    Arriving in Montreal on Tuesday evening and driving to our lodging in Mt. Tremblant. Staying with some friends who aren't EN folk, but would like to meet up with y'all!
  • Options
    We are driving from PA and will arrive Thursday evening.
  • Options

What about Friday evening?  Wonder if everyone is going to the banquet or if skipping...we could get everyone together then somewhere else.  Seems mixed when we will all get into town between Wed and Thursday.  Alternative is to plan both nights and whoever is around join on the day you can....at least we have a planned meet!

We have a 12 hour drive so will be a long day....with two little ones (3 and 6).  Hoping to get into town for Thursday dinner but depends on how earlier we can get going.

• Options
    Pretty sure I'll be skipping the banquet. I attended it last year with my wife, and it was hot and crowded. I was honestly a bit underwhelmed, but that was just me. Also, I don't think I would really like to drag my kids to the banquet. We will be arriving Wed late afternoon/eve, and would be interested in a get together Thur or Fri eve if the group is up for it.
  • Options
    Same for me, will probably skip banquet

Friday will be best for me, my 2 daughters are doing the 1k ironkids run, doing the prescribed wkouts and im free all day.
  • Options

I would be in for Friday meet up...I am not really bothered about the banquet myself.  We are also doing the 1k fun run with my girls that morning.  Not sure the age of other little ones however good to hear there will be children in the group.  ;-)

• Options
    Friday sounds good! However it is my first time doing IMMT and I'm actually very excited about attending the banquet!
    Maybe we could have a team lunch? Or even a "coffee" meetup?

• Options

Turby and I will be arriving on Wed. evening sometime.  We are not planning on attending the banquet so we are pretty flexible.  Also - if anyone's spouse or friend or whoever is available to ride the bike course with me on Thurs. or Fri. - let me know:-)  Will see what day is best according to the weather.

• Options

If someone organizes something for friday evening that would be great- 2 adults and 1 teenager and 1 teenager wannabe.  We will be out of town thursday evening but are returning friday afternoon.

• Options

I would propose we meet on Friday evening.  There may be another group that wants to meet up on Wed or Thurs as well if it works with your schedules.  We have a long drive and will probably not be able to make a Thursday night dinner.

So, those interested in Friday.  Does 6.30ish work for everyone?

Francis - do you happen to know the area?  I know there are loads of places however not sure where would be good for us to drop into considering it will be busy due to the weekend?

Dawn

• Options
    ok Friday works for me. - But I think there is the athlete meeting at 19h?

Here are a few places:

http://coco-pazzo.ca/menu/
    http://www.bullseyetremblant.com/
    http://www.o-wok.com/
    http://www.pizzateria.com/

Those are the one I already tried.

Let me know how many people by person and I will call Wed to make reservation and confirm here
  • Options
    Turby and I will be there for Friday night. 6:30 is fine. I think we ate at Coco Pazzo last time and it was really good. Never tried the others. We are flexible:-) THANKS!
  • Options
    6:30 sounds good to me - count me in for 2.

Thanks,

Jim
  • Options
    Anyone bringing kids to dinner? Mine are 11 & 13
  • Options
    Brad - yes we will be with our kids 6 & 8.
  • Options
    Friday night will work for my Sherpa and I.

I just got an email from race director about a Triathlon Quebec One Day License. I take it my USAT membership doesn't tx over??? So I need to buy one. Anyone else know any more about this??
  • Options
    1830 works for the 4 of us.