Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Boulder
Options

2016 IM Boulder Week 11- Another Big Day

Stephanie, Jeff, Gabe- How's it goin?!?! Who else is out there??? Let's hear ya!!

Week 11 - Another "Big Day"

Second “Big Day”

Things to pay attention to

• Nutrition

• Watching your pacing (are you making mistakes early on?)

Don’t “rest” in-between but no need to go full fledge tri geek and set up transitions where you sprint from event to event

What coaches want to see this week is us talking about how we are going to prepare. Post your “big day” check list here, a chance to even practice your “race plan” and “race report”

Let’s not wait until after the big day to start discussing what we did or didn’t do. Lets plan it out, write it out and discuss it now so we can help each other. Then debrief the awesome Boulder Crew after the big day on what worked and what didn’t.

This will set you up for your race rehearsals closer to race day.

****There is still time to find a friend who is racing Boulder and give them the best gift you could give someone— no not a power meter, a free 30 days of Endurance Nation. Sharing is caring! (you get a Free month when they sign up also)**** give them friend@endurancenation.us email and we take care of the rest!

Ya’ll are EN rock stars…. soooo what’s on your mind?

Comments

• Options
    Laura...thanks for bringing the mojo! I'm doing Boulder 70.3 next weekend as a warm-up for the big race. I've been trying not to look past it, but Ironman Boulder definitely looms large.

After St George 70.3 in May, I decided my bike need some TLC. I've added in an extra bike session and put my run in maintenance mode of ~20 miles per week over 4-5 runs. I took the last half of 2015 off tris to focus on running, so my run is stronger than it's ever been -- by a lot. But my bike suffered. I had a really good couple of rides this weekend and am feeling strong again.
  • Options
    Training going well on this end....a couple big rides over the weekend....1st open water swim last nite...taking this week kind of easy....next week I'm headed to CO for a week of training...a couple days in Boulder for course recon...then off to spend a few days with Al T in Aspen area....hoping to average 4-6 hrs of training per day...are you guys doing the split run on Thurs?...I'm not...my work schedule has me starting so early I'd have to be starting my 1st run @ 3:30 am...