Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2016 IMLP training Wk May 30 - June 6th

Lake Placid Crew in da HAUS  Hope everyone had a great BIG DAY!! Let’s hear about it!!

Shout out to these EN chicas who spent the weekend training at LP 
Im headed to Quassy this week, which as you know is a perfect rehearsal leading up to Placid, who is going? 

This week is a Bike Focus Week. Coaches have strategically put in some volume bumps within the plan to prepare you for your race! This will be a chance for your to push your boundaries in cycling. So what do you have on your plan for cycling this week? Going anywhere beautiful and exciting to enjoy the time outside?
A couple more notes: Make sure you are tweaking your nutrition plan as needed if the weather around you is getting HOT!!

Camp is in two weeks - see how this is going to work into your schedule.  If you are coming to LP Camp I won't be there but I am sending sponsorship goodies!  Any questions, don't hesitate to ask myself or Coach P. 

Let me know if you need ANYTHING at all!! Let’s GET IT!!

Comments

• Options
    sweet pic of our EN Chicas!! I think you are a week off though, Mariah, last week was test week and this week is Bike Focus Week....at least that's what's on my plan. Am I out to lunch??
  • Options
    @natalie - you're correct, I'm wrong, and I have edited it and fixed it----- thank you!
  • Options
    Out at the unofficial Truscott training camp.. racking up mileage and elevation, got in two runs so far, trying for a swim tomorrow.
    Sunday - 50 Miles - https://www.strava.com/activities/592388292
    Monday - 99 miles - https://www.strava.com/activities/593393469
    Tuesday - 112 Miles - https://www.strava.com/activities/594483768
  • Options
    My "Bike Focus Week" was supposed to be last week. But a wicked cold took me out of the game from about Wed-Mon. The bike is where I need the work, so instead of doing a "Run Focus Week" as scheduled this week I'm repeating last week.

Got my FTP intervals done today and they felt good. Bonus- my new bottle mount in between the aerobars is working great.
  • Options
    Scott- that's one sweet training setup!
  • Options
    Thanks Nemo, also did two short runs & one very short swim... seems that no matter how much you acclimate here, swimming sux the most!

Any other peeps here?
  • Options
    Will be at Quassy this week! Nervous as all get out, but hoping the weather starts to look better!
  • Options
    another solid week so far. 90' part 1 of the long run this morning with part 2 scheduled for tonight while watching Game 1 of Cavs-Warriors. biking schedule this weekend looks intimidating, but nothing compared to what Scott & the gang are doing out west!
  • Options
    Hey fellow IMLP peeps....I haven't contributed much to our forum as of late because sadly my training has been sporadic at best and frankly I felt a little ashamed. But I'm hoping that I have turned that around and I'm making a really solid effort to stay consistent each week moving forward.

Big bike week so far is going well. I moved the Friday bike to Tuesday. Starting to feel stronger on the bike but my body is having a hard time acclimating to running in the heat.

This will be my 4th time on the IMLP course. It holds a special place in my heart. I just love it there. How many people are planning to attend the camp next weekend?
  • Options
    I'm in on the camp but it's a very short list. Maybe 8-10. Any Canadians coming down to visit for that weekend?
  • Options
    Yep! I'm coming down with the Ross's image That makes at least 3 Canucks
  • Options
    Well my Big Bike Week attempt #2 was busted by 2 days of non-stop rain. At least I got the long run done and it looks like tomorrow will be OK (cross fingers) for the long ride. I'll be doing my "camp" week from home.
  • Options
    @Nemo, I think I caught whatever cold you've had for the last couple weeks!! I'm supposed to be racing the Quassy 1/2 tomorrow and now sure it's in the cards for me. Trying to be smart and not bury myself in a hole, but skipping it feels like a big hit in terms of fitness, cost, mental prep for LP... plan for the moment is resting a bit this morning and head down in a while (since we paid for the hotel anyway), and then make a game time decision. Symptoms are all above the neck at least...

Have fun all who are going to camp week! I'm sticking to the plan which has camp week next week, so am heading up to LP for that the 17-19th weekend. Anybody else going to be there that weekend?
  • Options
    Carole- I'm sorry for sharing! Did you end up racing Quassy?

Well the summer has arrived in all its hot and humid glory! I got lucky with the T-storms and was able to get in the long ride yesterday. BUT- I totally didn't drink nearly enough water and man oh man did I feel it later in the day! Gotta work on that.
  • Options
    @Nemo- I did race, it was a weather filled day but fortunately mostly on the run. Hoping I didn't knock myself down too many pegs by being out there getting drenched for 6 hours. On the upside, there was no way anyone was overheating. image

I missed the pre-race meetup and totally spaced on the 6:30 AM pre-race team photo (hooray race brain), but it was awesome to see so many EN jerseys out on the course, and to have Mariah and Patrick taking pictures. @Rob maybe I could ID you by your moustache? image

How are folks who raced Quassy yesterday feeling? I'm a bit sore--my knees are NOT used to taking the pounding of 991 feet of elevation change, but I'm going to try to get right back into it with a non-impact swim tonight.
  • Options
    Hey Carole, very sore today mostly hamstrings and glutes. Taking today off but hoping to get back to a swim in the lake tomorrow morning followed by a slow short run.
  • Options
    Quick summary on my "Camp" week. Long run went great- executed to plan, no issues. Modified Race Rehearsal (85m bike/6 mile run) also went great- all nutrition stuff working, pacing well, stayed on top of hydration, etc. But I had to scrap bike #2. Just too wiped out (both from the ride and allergies that are kicking my ass). Took a much needed rest day instead.

Feeling like things are coming together for me, but kinda wish I had just 2 more weeks in the schedule between now and race day!