Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2016 IM Mont Tremblant Week 11- BIG DAY!!

Week 11 - Another "Big Day"
Hey everyone!! How did last week go?? Any updates from anyone?? Shout out to Michelle for the post- glad the mojo is STRONG!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! SO lets hear it!!!

Second “Big Day”
Things to pay attention to

Nutrition

Watching your pacing (are you making mistakes early on?)

Don’t “rest” in-between but no need to go full fledge tri geek and set up transitions where you sprint from event to event

What coaches want to see this week is us talking about how we are going to prepare. Post your “big day” check list here, a chance to even practice your “race plan” and “race report”

Let’s not wait until after the big day to start discussing what we did or didn’t do. Lets plan it out, write it out and discuss it now so we can help each other. Then debrief the awesome MT Crew after the big day on what worked and what didn’t.

This will set you up for your race rehearsals closer to race day.

****There is still time to find a friend who is racing Mont Tremblant and give them the best gift you could give someone— no not a power meter, a free 30 days of Endurance Nation. Sharing is caring! (you get a Free month when they sign up also)**** give them friend@endurancenation.us email and we take care of the rest!

Ya’ll are EN rock stars…. soooo what’s on your mind?

Comments

• Options
    Week 11 ! and week 19 for MT70.3 for me.

Need to hack a bit my schedule for this week.

Monday and Tuesday stay as is.
    Wednesday will be slut long run
    Thursday : will be Friday's wkout
    Friday : big training day, will also use it as RR for the 70.3 in 2 weeks.
    Saturday will be Wednesday's wkout since kids and wife are not home - I know, I should be resting...
    Sunday : rest day

• Options
    Big Day will be substituted by the Patriot Half for me on Saturday. After that's done, full steam ahead into IM mode!
  • Options
    I'm doing the same as Brad. Patriot half will be my week 11 "big day". No taper, however I switched my long run day from Thursday to Tuesday to give a couple days f more days to let my legs recover although this may impact my interval ride on Wednesday :-0is a calculate risk;-)
    Brad, I'll look for you. I'll be in my Baystate Triteam kit. Hoever there is a hand full of EN teammates doing Patriot as well!
  • Options
    @Michelle- modified taper for me as well...more taper than not, it turns out. But not by choice, as my kids finished school last week and it's nuts here image My wife Heidi and I will both be racing Patriot on Sunday and I think the EN group should be racked together. I'll be wearing EN colors and will look for you too to say hi. Looks like great weather!
  • Options

No Big Day for me this weekend as I just finished Boulder 70.3!  I've rested by visiting National Parks on the way home with a little 30 minute swim in a very small pool just to work out some soreness.  It worked!  Good luck on your big days guys!

• Options
    Doing the split runs today since Im doing big day on Friday. Feeling the load on the body, good thing im racing 70.3MT next week, as such I will taper a bit starting Wednesday.
  • Options
    off to my big training day ! weather is perfect today image