Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2016 IMWI ROLL CALL & INTRO

Hello AMAZING IM Wisconsin Racers!!!

WELL here we are! 13 weeks from the race! And I am PUMPED to join you on this journey as your Race Captain! Please know I am HERE FOR YOU. So if you have questions, comments, concerns, need some venting time- whatever! SEND IT MY WAY! Next week we will start weekly training threads but before we do that, I want to get some of the administrative homework out of the way.

• View, Share, Read etc our Execution landing page: HERE

• Check out the IM Wisconsin Master Racing Page: HERE

On Social Media? Follow, Share, Spread the word about training with EN using #EN4Keys and tagging us on all platforms:

Twitter - @teamen ---- Instagram - @teamendurancenation ------ Facebook - www.facebook.com/endurancenation

Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN

Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing IM Wisconsin to chime in on the weekly forums

Check the box to follow the entire IM Wisconsin forum so you don't miss a single announcement

Friend Me on Facebook so that I can tag you in pictures and race recaps the week after your race on the EN page

Your training hashtag is #EN4Keys and of course tag us if you wish, let’s tell the world!

Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics, tune up that bike, stretch out those legs and prepare that mental game and order the nutrition you need because we are about to dive head first into EN training.

Starting next Sunday night I will post the weekly forum with the training dates, some mojo, advice, admin notices and general EN awesomeness. Whether you're a veteran EN member or newbie, this is the magic of training with the team. We will keep each other motivated, have a place to talk about our daily training ups and downs, get questions answered, answer fellow teammates questions and make some friends along the way. The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!

Here is also the Unofficial Free Info Page you can pass out to potential athletes that might want to join EN or share the love 

If you have any questions about race weekend, Endurance Nation, whatever it is------I your trusty Race Captain extraordinaire will be here to answer any and all you can throw at me- just send me a message or post it here!!

I'm sure I have left some things out but no need to worry, we have plenty of time to IRON (see what I did there) all that out before race week.

On your mark.... get set.... GO!

Comments

• Options
    Wahoo... We must be getting close! This'll be IM #4 for me and I know it'll be a special one. Lots of great EN'ers that I've always wanted to race with and a large contingent of KC triathletes ( including My wife) doing the race will ensure the MOJOs very high! Looking forward to meeting And training with you all!
  • Options
    Nice! Raced IMWI in 2014, which ended in diaster so I'm looking for redemption this year!
  • Options
    I'm not racing IMWI this year but I'm a Madison townie, let me know if I can be a resource.
  • Options

I'm not racing it this year. I am going for 2017. My first IM. If it's alright with Mariah, can I tag along and see how the build is done? Have a great time. NO INJURIES! #workworks#cpr.

• Options

SS here signing up for roll call.  I think I just vomited in my mouth followed by the thought "what the hell have I signed myself up for.....again"!!

OK, its officially real now with the opening of the race captain's thread.

Been with EN since 2009.  IM number 7 for me.  Prior IMs were:  IMLV, IMCoz, IMTX, IMAZ, IMLP, IMFL.   25+ HIMs.....

I live in the north Dallas, Texas suburbs, divorced.  I have four children ages 17, 15, 13, 13 two of which live with me.  

I will be 49 at the end of this year.  I am better at training than I am at racing.  

Looking forward to getting to know some awesome peeps along the way!

SS

• Options
    In for this as well! I'll follow KMF's template:

EN since late 2013. First full IM (4 70.3s and a 100).

St. Peters, MO (exurb of St. Louis), and, like EE and KCMO/KCKS, there are other STLers heading up who will chime in on their own. Married to a non-triathlete/Sherpa without children (except parrots and cats).

Like SS, training always seems to be better than racing, although during my recent build to IM 70.3 Hawaii, training didn't go so well either; hoping the accountability here and Strava will help with that.

Looking forward to the work and the reward at the end!
  • Options
    If this is the official headspace refocusing thread, then I am in.

IMWI16 will be IM lucky number 7 for me, IMWI#4. Looking forward to a rumble in Madison again with the EN crew.

Thanks Mariah for shepherding us. Lots of cagey veterans in this group. Should be a great event - looking forward to it!

Ian
  • Options

Hello - Hello - Hello

IM #2 for me, 2nd shot at IMWI. Looking forward to race day. Training has been a little haphazard, getting married this Saturday - fortunately she was with me for IM #1 so she knows the training routine and demand, but there is still so much to do. It is great officially training for an IM again! Woo Hoo!

• Options

Hi All, 

Wow 13 weeks, exciting!

This will be IM #7 for me and #6 IMWI.  Thanks Mariah for leading us on this journey.  Looking forward to meeting you all!

Alan

• Options
    Hello!

I've been an EN member since last year when I started racing long course. IMWI 2015 was my first attempt. I missed the bike cutoff by ~3 minutes so I have been affectionately referring to this as IMWI 2016: Revenge Edition. Very excited to train along side and learn from all of you along the way.

I kicked off my official Ironman training today with a loop around the IMOO bike course. Fun and humbling. Ready to put my head down and get some work done over the next 13 weeks. woohoo!
  • Options
    Howdy gang!
    I have been with EN now for a few years (4 sounds about right) and depending on how things go, this would be my 5th IM and 4th at Moo. I have had a string of injury issues this year, so I am in negotiations with my body as well as the coaches to see if it is possible for me this year. I may use it as a lavish training day, we will see. Either way I will be lurking and try to answer any questions my previous spins on the course can provide.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

This will be my 3rd IM (did IMLP in 2014, and IMMT in 2015), super excited to race in Madison since I went there for undergrad. Looking forward to a fun race and being part of a big EN group on race day!
  • Options
    Hi EN Team- I'm in year 2 on the team and IMWI will be my 3rd IM (IMMD '14, IMCHOO '15). I'm 36, newly married, and live in Scottsdale. I kept up a solid OS thru the winter (not difficult in AZ) and had a successful race @ St. George 70.3 last month. I suffered a minor leg injury that's kept me from running for the last 5 weeks but I've been able to keep up with my swimming and cycling. Going to give running a shot again this week and hoping to be 100% in order to knock out the next 13 weeks of happy fun training time. I've heard amazing things about this race/course and am looking forward to putting in the work to fully enjoy the experience. Let's do this!!
  • Options

So, glad this is here now.  I've been going solo and haven't had the same mojo as last year.  I look forward to taking in some of this great energy and ramping up my training next week.  This is my second year with EN.  I completed IMLOU last year and have finished IMWI two times.  I'm from Wisconsin so, I am quite familiar with this course.   I'm a bit heavy so the hills don't help me much but I love them.  I'm 51, married with two adult children ages 22 and 18.  My son goes to Madison so I love running through the campus during this race. 

• Options
    Hello IMWI/ EN colleagues,

Late to the IM/EN party…. 1st timer at age 51. So I will gladly accept any tips and advice you have to offer. From Minneapolis, married with 3 older kids so I can finally spend every Sat and Sunday on my bike instead of at soccer games. Let me know if anyone is heading to Madison to ride the course.
    The next 13 weeks will go fast.
  • Options
    I'll be heading to Madison with my wife and a few friends from KC the weekend of Aug 4th-7th. More the merrier
  • Options
    This is shaping up to probably be THE event of '16 with the group of people showing up in this thread so far!

for me, this will be # 7 assuming I finish IMLP in July... I'll be coming in off IMLP & the Leadville 100MTB in August, so hopefully will have something left for IM MOO!

I am 51, dad of 3 teen girls & Live in Northern Westchester County NY

Looking forward to sharing the mojo with this group as we train through the summer!
  • Options
    Looks like the IMWI crew has a wide range of experiences, which is great. I'm hoping to head up to Madison Friday, July 1st and then on August 5th and 6th to ride the course

@ Mike Brand - congrats man!
    @ Scott Dinhofer - IMLP and Leadville 100, you're nuts, haha!

On another note, my 910 was acting up so I called Garmin and they are replacing it for free, which is super awesome. Almost no questions asked either. I swam this morning without my Garmin: The bad: I have no idea how many yards I swam or at what pace, I'm guessing around the 3,000 yard plus range. Once set was about 20 minutes straight and the other 2 sets where around 15 minutes stratight. The good: I was not distracted by the Garmin, which was actually quite nice.

Have not done much riding and no running the past 2 weeks - rusty left knee acting up. I had a great base before the knee acted up so I'm hoping I can jump right back in with relative ease. Going to go for a short run tomorrow morning and a 40ish mile ride Sunday.

Cheers,
    Chris
  • Options

I will also be in Madison Aug 4th-7th for RR1 camp staying at the downtown Hyatt.  I have two queen beds if anyone else wants to share room costs (no loud snoring).......

Good luck this weekend all and be smart with the heat!

SS

• Options
    Hey Everyone! Make sure you're subscribed to this thread and the entire IMWI forum so you don't miss anything.

The Link to register for the four keys talk is here: https://thefourkeysofwisconsin.splashthat.com/
    The Facebook link to invite your friends is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/146542062431480/

SHARE SHARE SHARE!
  • Options
    Hey all - Stu here.
    This will be IM #6 for me (B2B - now IM NC, 3 x IM Lou, and IM CDA). Got injured training for IMLP last year so I have a spiffy new left shoulder to try out on the swim course this year!
    Training has a been a challenge and I'm a little behind where I want to be due to injuries. Just did a slightly shortened BIG DAY and learned that my bike nutrition is probably ok, but my leg strength and endurance on the run needs serious work (had back sciatica and had some muscular atrophy on the left side - - that's killing me now!) But I'm looking to ramp for the IM Moo course and looking forward to training with y'all!!
  • Options
    Checking in. First full season with EN. Finished IMMOO in 2014 prior to EN and had a blast. Received a personal greeting from MR at the finish line with 30min to spare. While it was awesome, no way I planning on being out there that long this year. I went solo in 2014, so super excited to be racing with all the great EN'ers this year.
  • Options

Somehow I missed this one last week.

Where to begin.  I have been with EN since the beginning.  For all the first timers,  the Mojo can be infectious.   This will be my 5th time up in Madison and my 8th IM.  I have trained for some and just finished some.  This time I am really training.  I am not sure what to expect but will be narrowing down time goals as time goes on.  My number one concern is execution as IMMOO can throw all kinds of weather at you and I want to be prepared for as much as possible.

Looking forward to putting forth my best effort with everyone during the next few months.  I will have my wife and 3 kids there with me on race day and they have been to everyone one of my big races.  For those with families, let me know if I can help.

I will try to be more active on the forums and hope training goes well for all of us.  Also, I just noticed how many people we have in and around St. Louis.   We might be nearing sleeper cell status.  Once we are into it, lets plan a get together.

• Options
    Hey Fellow IMWI Moo'ers!

Glad I saw this forum...looks like a great/large group of EN'ers! This is my second IMWI...completed (or more accurately survived) my first in 2014 visa vie EN....Hopeful to improve my time, but definitely not looking to be a time hero on the course!

Looks like there is no EN WI "organized" training camp this summer (I did the one in '14)...Guessing many folks will bike the loops several times this summer...Is there any semi-formal training camp weekend that is being organized?

Look forward to meeting all of you!

Stephen

• Options
    Hello all!
    This is my first year with EN and will be my 3rd IM. This is an IM that I have wanted to do for a long time. I have been to IM Wisconsin three times to help support friends, and the atmosphere is amazing! My last IM was Louisville in 2010 and my wife and I agreed that I wouldn't sign up for another one until I was 50. Well, I was able to negotiate her down to 48! (I will be paying for this for years!). I have 2 boys, ages 10 and 14. Anyway, I am excited to be a part on Team EN! I will be be in Madison from July 29-31st for Wisconsin Brick Adventure. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options
    Hi all,
    This will be #8 for me - first time on this course. Looks like an awesome group - Looking forward to being motivated by the monster hours that SS puts into getting ready for this race!
  • Options

Kevin,

Thanks for the heads up about the WI Brick Adventure.... exactly what I needed... esp being a IM newbie. Count me in.

• Options
    Hello everyone (ie mostly crazy people!)

IMWI will be my lucky #7! I have been with EN for almost a year and love it. I will admit that I don't have much time to benefit all the EN resources and don't communicate enough but I appreciate all the help available. This will be my IMWI #3 (2013, 2014 and 2016). I also have the opportunity to ride the bike course a few times before each races (we have a cottage not too far). Madison is such a nice venue and this year will be special with my second daughter starting college at UW-Madison. Our 4 kids are planning to volunteer at the race. Please let me know if I can help with local information or else.

Good luck to everyone
  • Options
    Great to hear, Jonathan!!!
  • Options
    This is a GREAT crew, very excited to be sharing the course with all of you on race day in WI...