Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

IMLP 2016 Training June 13 - June 20

Week 15- Camp Week/ Race Rehearsal OR Post Camp Week

Ok IMLP Crew- You have made it to WEEK 15! WOOHOO!! With each week comes a little more excitement for the BIG DAY! So let’s talk about this week.  If you didn’t do camp week at the IMLP camp with Coach P- then this is your opportunity!! If you did do camp week- talk to the coaches about what else to do in the micro forum. Remember to pay extra attention to the Coach Notes in the plans.  They will give IMPORTANT information about this week. ALSO- Coach P did a great video about how to approach this week of training- check it out!, read more in depth in the forums on Race Rehearsal weekends.  I would recommend if you have specific questions for Coach Rich or Patrick, GET THOSE IN THE MICRO/MACRO forums NOW! Don't wait to ask them a questions on Friday night for Saturday morning! Mandatory for Camp Week Completers!  You must rest to consolidate the work you have done. If you did NOT complete camp week, you may do the workouts listed beginning on MONDAY.

Things to Remember:

• Rest! Cumulative lack of recovery can impact race rehearsal - Can take a break Monday or Thursday if you need (If you're going to camp then this works out great as Thursday is your travel day)

• Workouts that are focused and require the most dedication:

Good interval bike

Good Interval run

Think at the start of this week.

• What do I need this weekend to get ready. Get your equipment dialed in.

• Pacing

• Get out there and JRA - 1 hour 1.5 then to steady pace

• Fueling plan

• Run - first three miles LRP plus 30” per mile. First three miles to settle in - mark the transition and take stock of how you feel

Keep on CRUSHIN’ it IMLP Team!!!

Side Note: I need to really send a huge shout out to Laura Becker.... Without her assistance this year with our races and forums, I might be in a corner crying and muttering to myself like a crazy person. Everyone send amazing smiles and hugs through the universe to Laura please! 

Admin duties: Please make sure you have gotten your "ticket" for team dinner. This is a great place to meet everyone, chow down and of course, get some sponsor swag and mojo! 

If you haven't headed over to FB we have a group swim sponsored by SBR sports as well as the 4keys event. SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! On groups, with friends, on your page etc! BLOW UP SOCIAL MEDIA WITH EN AWESOMENESS! 

Comments

• Options
    Hey Mariah,

Finally jumping in on this LP weekly thread. Question: where am I supposed to punch my ticket for the dinner? I'm planning on traveling to Placid solo this year and want to participate in as many team events as possible.

Camp week is on hold for me as I will be up in Syracuse this Sunday for redemption from 2015's pitiful showing. Lighter than usual week with a 3000m swim&5 mile TM run on Monday, 3000m swim with 5m run (Speedwork) on Tues, hour ABP trainer ride on Wed and an 8 mile (longish) run today. Tomorrow I will take off to travel north. Sat recon swim and easy run. Sunday...game day!

Back on Monday to continue the climb into Ironman #4 for me!

• Options
    Hey Power House Danielle! Here is the information on the team dinner, can't wait to see you chica! http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/21085/Default.aspx