Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2016 IM Mont Tremblant Week 13- Knowledge and Bike Focus

Week 13 - Knowledge burst
Does anyone have a 70.3 this weekend? I know some of you did Patriot....who else raced or is planning on racing?!?! We want to hear about it!  Coaches like to have you break up your race season into A, B, C races and this is traditionally the last weekend you can have a 70.3 leading up to your full.
This week is a Bike Focus Week. Coaches have strategically put in some volume bumps within the plan to prepare you for your race! This will be a chance for your to push your boundaries in cycling. So what do you have on your plan for cycling this week? Going anywhere beautiful and exciting to enjoy the time outside?
A couple more notes: Make sure you are tweaking your nutrition plan as needed if the weather around you is getting HOT!!

Camp is in two weeks - see how this is going to work into your schedule.   Any questions, don't hesitate to ask myself or Coach P. So now I turn it over to the fantastic Mont Tremblant Crew- I want to hear all about your training weekend and what you learned.  
Let me know if you need ANYTHING at all!! Let’s GET IT!!  LETS GET THESE FORUMS ROARING!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Raced 70.3 MT last week end and this week will be an easy, I will probably not do the biking volume, but thats OK, need to rest the body.

Went for an easy swim tonight.. felt good came back running but still feel the heavy legs.
  • Options
    Great job Francis! I heard MT 70.3 was a hot one! Hope your legs are back to normal soon!
    I am heading up to MT this weekend. I'll be doing my RR Sat-Mon. I am sooo excited to get on this course!
    As for the last couple of weeks:
    I did Patriot HIM June 19th as my Big training day. I was not sure what to expect so just went into the race to give what I had and to try and not underestimate my abilities. I'm happy to report that I hit it out of the ball park with PBon the bike and the run with a wicket awsome race time. Patriot is not a Quassy so I think I'll keep this as my Patriot PB ;-)
    This past weekend I did Cape in a Day which is 125 mile ride Sat. I'm feeling a bit taxed this week but I know I'm building some great fitness! :-)
  • Options
    Michelle, Dont know if you did the 140.6 last year... but it was almost the same temperature !!

As for your RR this week end, just be careful with the bumps in the Duplessis that appeared during the winter, dunno if you are on ST or heard about the major crash that happened this week end.

Its in the third descent after the turn around on the Duplessis.