Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

2016 IM Maryland- WELCOME!!!

Hello AMAZING IM Maryland Racers!!!
WELL here we are! 13 weeks from the race! And I am PUMPED to join you on this journey as your Race Captain! Please know I am HERE FOR YOU. So if you have questions, comments, concerns, need some venting time- whatever! SEND IT MY WAY! Next week we will start weekly training threads but before we do that, I want to get some of the administrative homework out of the way.

View, Share, Read etc our IM Maryland Racing Page: HERE

On Social Media? Follow, Share, Spread the word about training with EN using #EN4Keys and tagging us on all platforms:

Twitter - @teamen ---- Instagram - @teamendurancenation ------ Facebook - www.facebook.com/endurancenation

Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN (they get 30 days FREE and you can earn referral bonuses)

Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing IM Maryland to chime in on the weekly forums

Check the box to follow the entire IM Maryland forum so you don't miss a single announcement

Friend Mariah Bridges and me on Facebook so that we can tag you in pictures and race recaps the week after your race on the EN page

Your training hashtag is #EN4Keys and of course tag us if you wish, let’s tell the world!

Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics, tune up that bike, stretch out those legs and prepare that mental game and order the nutrition you need because we are about to dive head first into EN training.
Starting next Sunday night I will post the weekly forum with the training dates, some mojo, advice, admin notices and general EN awesomeness. Whether you're a veteran EN member or newbie, this is the magic of training with the team. We will keep each other motivated, have a place to talk about our daily training ups and downs, get questions answered, answer fellow teammates questions and make some friends along the way. The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!
Introducing yourself- let us know where you are from? Is this your first IM? Anything you wanna share about yourself. Because  WE ARE A TEAM and we want to support each other the best we can. 

If you have any questions about race weekend, Endurance Nation, whatever it is------I your trusty Race Captain extraordinaire will be here to answer any and all you can throw at me- just send me a message or post it here!!
I'm sure I have left some things out but no need to worry, we have plenty of time to IRON (see what I did there) all that out before race week.
On your mark.... get set.... GO!

Comments

• Options

Hmmm ... 17 people have viewed this post, and no one has replied???

I'll be doing IM MD this year. I;ve actually been semi-following the IM plan for the past 2-3 weeks, for lack of anything better to guide my training. Starting with the Tour of California in May, I've averaged 4-5 bikes @ 180 miles a week. I've ramped up my running to 6 x a week, still flirting with 30 miles/week as I finish recovery from injuries and surgery. And being a life-log swimmer, I feel good about my current efforts there.

But having trained for 31 previous IMs (3 DNS, 3 DNF), I know all that is merely prologue - I;ve just been training to train. I'm going to try my best to keep my mind off the race itself (it's more of an A minus race for me; my # 1 goal this year revolves around Miami Man 70.3 in November), and focus on continuing to have fun with my fitness. Like riding with friends in the mountains, doing some shorter races, and generally just marveling that I can still do this stuff, in wonderful locales.

• Options
    Hiya, Al! I'm not doing this race this year but have in the past.... guess that is why I am included in the posts. Be that as it may, it is Eagleman x 2. fast and flat and hot and windy with a strong current in the water. the double loop swim is a bit different. otherwise it is all straight forward. In spite of the weather you may still get a wetsuit swim. Don't train too much, just enjoy and find a place to stay ASAP! If you want to stay out of town a bit you will like it better...
  • Options
    IMMD will be IM #15 started and hopefully #13 finished... This will be a big comeback race for me in 2 ways , injury recovery from last November, a bad race in KONA and a worse race DNF IMAZ last year... I aim to Win, KQ, Podium, Finish, in that order , or DNF attempting the first 3....As long as I race to my potential on that day I will be happy.... Look forward to training/racing with the IMMD group!
  • Options
    since you all are racing this one, I just may have to do it againimage
  • Options
    I'm not much into the group thing, so I doubt I'll be posting much. I'm doing IMMd with the hope of a good personal performance. By that, I want to have a strong swim, powerful bike, but most importantly, I want to go 3:30 on the run. Everything else will be built around that. I'll be staying with my brother in Maryland, so won't be at any of the typical EN stuff that goes on pre-race.

• Options
    Well, well, well... Nice to see some familiar names here! IM MD is a redemption event and I am hoping for a great day. Lake Placid was a mess and I am so looking forward to this event. This will be IM #32 when (not if) I cross the finish line. BAM!!
  • Options

Woody, good to have you on board. Here's wishing better luck on the Eastern Shore than you;ve been having in the Adirondacks  the past few years. I think I'm up to #32 as well, but then, I count the DNFs and DNSs (I paid the $ and did the training, that's the hard part, no?)

• Options
    Finally, signing in. Summer schedule has been crazy, but I've been putting in the training. This will be my 3rd IM and I look to improve on my previous times. @ Al, I raced CdA in 2014 with you and quickly learned that a flat course is better suited for me so I did Florida in 2015 and dropped an hour and half off my time. I hope I can continue the trend with Maryland.
  • Options

I am also just joining the party.  I raced Texas this past May and had a good race but still a few things to execute better so I jumped in a few hours before the price increase last week.  Easy commute as only 4hrs away but having trouble finding housing - I knew that going in but surprised at how expensive houses are on VRBO.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone and maybe meet up race week.  

I had some good fitness going into Texas but participated in an all you can eat buffet for 6 weeks post race so I have a few pounds to shed as we go through this build.  I can't run much but plan to tackle that with frequent short runs and swims and lots of biking on the weekend. Props to Tim for sharing his race build in another thread as it helped me plan out my schedule as well.  Happy training everyone.

• Options
    Kevin Foote here. I will be doing IMMD for the second year in a row..Just completed the IMChoo training camp with Rich..
  • Options
    i don't know if my excuse is i'm old or ain't much of a techie but i thought i signed in(?) I was a DNF last year (got 1st in my AG when IMMD was the ChesapeakeMan in 2011. but i am older). made it to mile 20 of last years IMMD marathon but feared hypothermia in the dark. i hope this is my revenge year but my orthopedic dr noted i have two bone spurs on my left knee. so far it has only slowed my bike and run but i have a R.I.C.E. plan and a scheduled cortisone shot that i hope will pull me through. i should arrive wednesday with my wife. any plans for an EN diner?

Daniel there may be an opening at the Killarney BnB across the bridge. 443-671-2876

Woodie i messed up IMLP also; let's show'em on 10/1!