Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Need 58cm bike for IMLP

My bike shop just notified me that they discovered catastrophic problems with my frame during my pre-race tune up and my bike is effectively totaled. I've reached out to every local bike shop and the race partner companies about rentals and no word back yet. If anyone happens to have a 58cm bike lying around the tri state area or happens to be bringing one up to LP and would consider loaning/renting it to me for a weekend, please msg me. Feeling pretty low right now.

Comments

• Options
    Keep calm. I know it's easy to say and tough to do but remember it's a Saturday and those companies aren't open. There WILL be options available at the race. But with a whole week you have time to find and buy a new bike (assuming budget allows) or even buy a new frame set and have your old components moved over.
  • Options

Dan, Call Kenny (the owner) @ the Placid Planet (518) 523-1350 or (518) 523-4128. This is the best bike shop and it is right in Lake Placid. Explain your problem to him. They have a variety of bike brands in stock. They can probably even rent you one.

• Options
    Best choice is to rent one from Velo. They are the mechanics onsite at IMLP out of Colorado. I did it last year. Rented a 58 CM FELT IA with 808s......great bike and ready to go for me once I got there. Give them a call.......Placid Planet will not likely have that quality of a bike in their rental inventory...

SS
  • Options
    I reached out to velo and haven't heard back yet, their online 58cm IAs are all rented out, so unclear if they'll have another size or make/model available
  • Options
    Dan, any update? I have my P5 but it's in PIECES as I haven't ridden it in months....would take some time to put together...keep me posted. 617-513-3830
  • Options

What did you end up doing at IMLP?