Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2016 Ironman Lake Placid Race Day Thread

Hi Team, are you ready to give your teammates some serious mojo for this coming weekend? This thread is to be used on race day to comment on race conditions, observations on how our team are doing during there race, or just to provide some mojo on race day.  This Ironman has a EN Tracker, so check out the dashboard to see who is racing and to track them on the day of the event.

Comments

• Options
    Sweet! After the past few weeks, I could really use some positive mojo. Is there any way for non-member significant others to track a forum like this?
  • Options
    Wow...what an incredible crew racing Sunday. Look forward to following along!
  • Options
    they should setup an EN-Wave considering all the peeps registered!
  • Options
    A beautiful evening in lake placid. I have gear bags all set and bike ready to roll. Siting on the edge of Sanarac Lake watching the sunset. Time for some sleep.

Question, where is the link to the race tracker?

Had a great swim and the best 4 keys this morning. A great day with the team.

• Options
    Matt, we are in Saranac Lake too.
  • Options
    Chrissie Wellington once said: "We all have talents that, sometimes, we never quite fulfill. We're all scared, deep down, but maybe we just need to lay it on the line and explore our abilities and just not be afraid of failing"

We have come to the beginning of the end of the beginning of this journey and I sit here on the outside looking in knowing you are prepared. You've trained, you've learned and you're ready. You know your one thing (maybe more) and you're prepared.

If you're with family, friends, spouses this weekend, take ten minutes right now... YES RIGHT NOW - give them a hug and tell them how much they mean to you. Not just for going on this journey with you, not simply for running around town tomorrow cheering you on, but for all the reasons that have nothing to do with triathlon.

As your Race Captain, all I have to give is motivation and cheering tomorrow and I promise you, all day and all night I'll be out there. If you need me to yell, I'll yell, if you need a smile and a yell or tell you to HTFU, I am the loudest Puerto-Rican I promise you'll hear me. If you need to cry or a hug or whatever, I'm there. I don't go to sleep until every single one of us has ran up the shoot to the oval and heard "You Are An IRONMAN"

You are all attempting this race for a reason, and so are 2600 others. Remember when you're out there that you're sharing the day with athletes that have reasons also. Be friendly, be kind, smile. Even if you're in your head and focused. ESPECIALLY if they are teammates, let's lift each other up and have the best durn day out there tomorrow.

Let's treat this town with respect. No littering and remember to smile and thank all the locals for letting us borrow their town for a week.

It's an honor to know you all and each of you have a special place in my heart.

Sappy stuff over....

GO CRUSH IT!

• Options
    Have a great day everyone! Weather forecast looks fabulous!
  • Options
    EN Cheering squad reporting for duty! Bike Aid 1 7-11am will be looking for those EN Jerseys! So incredibly stoked for you guys!! Will be tracking throughout the day as well! Have a safe, smart and reasonably fun day!! Try to find & savor those moments when you feel pretty good ....remember those moments when the box starts to close in. Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    Stephanie ... I am going to be at bike aid 1 too ... Double Mojo for the group ... See you in the morning.
    Marc
  • Options
    @Marc.....Awesome!!!!

Today is YOUR day crew! Go get it!!! ????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    Second loopers coming through Bike Aid 1. My tracker isn't working but just saw EN jersey fly through as one of the top 3 or so males! Who was that!!??
  • Options
    EN jerseys looking GOOD!!!
  • Options

Posted By Stephanie Weldon on 24 Jul 2016 09:37 AM

Second loopers coming through Bike Aid 1. My tracker isn't working but just saw EN jersey fly through as one of the top 3 or so males! Who was that!!??

My guess is that's Rich.  He was out of the water early and did a 2:30 first bike lap.

• Options
    I think he's planning on not running?
  • Options

From Mariah...Woody is being brought in by van.  He was kicked twice during the swim and he thinks he may have a concussion.  He is not able to keep anything down.

• Options
    That's a total bummer about Woody, hope everyone else is safe...

Dinhofer is killing it!!! I hope he can feel my MoJo from MN to crush his run after that swim and bike!

Go EN go!
  • Options

looks like Sabo and Dinhoffer are in an epic EN battle in the M 50-54 age group. Sabo lead out of the swim, but Dinhoffer pulled away on the bike, now Sabo has tracked him down and passed Dinhoffer on the run........this is much better than Scott vs Allen

• Options
    Rob in at 5th!! and Scott nearly there... These guys have had epic races today!!
  • Options

Posted By <a href='http://members.endurancenation.us/ActivityFeed/tabid/61/userid/3948/Default.aspx' class='af-profile-link'>Rich Stanbaugh</a> on 24 Jul 2016 05:01 PM
    Rob in at 5th!! and Scott nearly there... These guys have had epic races today!!

4th should guarantee a Kona spot. With only 40 spots it may take a roll down for him to get it at 5th. Great performance for both!
  • Options
    Epic indeed what a show... Congrats Rob Sabo good luck on the KONA slot tomorrow.... Scott Dinhofer currently holding 10th place, holding breath for a few more finishers to come in and confirm it holds, regardless it was a huge break thru for Scott with a 10min PR ....
  • Options
    Great efforts Rob and Scott!!!
  • Options
    good job team !

Rob, wish you luck tomorrow with the allocation
  • Options

thanks all for the kudos. Big RR coming, SO many people on this team were incredibly helpful to me in my revenge race from last year's DNS...Got passed by a dude in my AG sprinting past me in the chute, so really almost a 9th.. 

my 47 Vdot is never gonna hold Rob's 54 any day of the week, Great race Rob!

IMMT 2014 - 11:41

IMAZ 2014  -11:21

IMLP 2016 - 11:17

so grateful to be able to participate in this sport and share the course with so many amazing people. This Race is my hometown IM with many peeps on the course & cheering from my community, Really awesome to hear people you know from EN and everywhere else cheering and pushing you... It was a Really hot day, and I probably overcooked the bike a little.. 

• Options

Posted By Scott Dinhofer on 24 Jul 2016 08:17 PM

thanks all for the kudos. Big RR coming, SO many people on this team were incredibly helpful to me in my revenge race from last year's DNS...Got passed by a dude in my AG sprinting past me in the chute, so really almost a 9th.. 

IMMT 2014 - 11:41

IMAZ 2014  -11:21

IMLP 2016 - 11:17

Scott - 

First, looks like the guy that passed you in the chute was in a different swim wave as the margin between you and 9th was a few minutes.  

Second....don't for one moment think that what you did today was anything but breakthrough.  Yes, it was a 4 minute PR by time, but IMAZ is one of the fastest courses on the IM circuit and IMLP is one of the slower courses.  Your current fitness and today's execution at IMAZ would have had an 10 handle for sure, and probably a 30+ minute PR.  

Congrats on a great day....enjoy the celebration with the team!

• Options
    @Scott.... x2 what Jeremy said.... I show IMAZ time of 11:26 and IMLP 11:15 = 11 minute PR !
  • Options
    Good luck today dr. Sabo
  • Options
    @ Tim & Jeremy - totally get the difference between this & IMAZ '14. It isn't about the clock. To me, the only way to compare performances is in %ile of finish. This one clearly is a loud stamp of achievement. Had the run gone as well as the bike & Swim, I'd probably be feeling internally more excited about this. With the loud response I've gotten by text, email, FB & EN forums, it is clear what a leap forward this race was. It is exactly the performance that makes me pause & think if I can develop the focus in the next year to make a serious run at a KQ, because clearly that is now the next bar.

Still have a recovery and other events this season to solidify the fitness stamp! Thanks for all the encouragement, advice & mojo you have both provided!
  • Options

Posted By Scott Dinhofer on 26 Jul 2016 09:38 AM

... It is exactly the performance that makes me pause & think if I can develop the focus in the next year to make a serious run at a KQ, because clearly that is now the next bar....

Uh, I suggest making the podium the goal. Let KQ take care of itself. Consider what it would take to be top five, and orient your lifestyle and training, as well as race-day execution, towards that end. It *may* mean toning down on things like S2S, and Leadville, and becoming monomaniacal about IM. As long as you are under about 60, the year-to-year changes in potential as you age are small.

• Options

Uh, I suggest making the podium the goal. Let KQ take care of itself. Consider what it would take to be top five, and orient your lifestyle and training, as well as race-day execution, towards that end. It *may* mean toning down on things like S2S, and Leadville, and becoming monomaniacal about IM. As long as you are under about 60, the year-to-year changes in potential as you age are small.

Good words... This year definitely got a bit overbooked.. Defining the podium as a goal makes a lot of good sense! now, for which IMs... ?

• Options
    Race day video is up! Extreme closeup of Coach Rich and his fabulous beard at 1:09 and a couple other EN jerseys make an appearance as well (7:18). It must be really dusty in here, because I am tearing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcjZVdZlkn8&amp;feature=em-subs_digest