Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2016 IM Mont Tremblant Week 17- #EN4Keys

#EN4KEYS WEEK 17
Hey team! I apologize for the delay in my post this week, I was wrapped up in Lake Placid and just got home yesterday! BUT here it is!
Well Mont Tremblant Crew we are 4 weeks out from race week and there are 4 Keys of Racing within EN. What sets EN athletes drastically apart from other athletes is the ability to know to race. You're putting in the training and doing a fantastic job of posting your information with the team to discuss but as you wind down your training in the next couple weeks you need to put your head in a space to have the 4Keys down pat. Even if you have been with EN for awhile, there is always something to learn or something you can teach to help someone else's race experience.
Not to reinvent the wheel here is a mixture of coaches perspective and a couple other race captains:
X - Race day is about execution NOT fitness
Theme for this week is important.  Start visualizing your upcoming RR2 and Race Day in terms of simply Executing your Fitness:
The majority of athletes on race day are fitness-focused (look at my T-shirt, look at my abs/veins/etc, look at how fast I can go in the first hour of the bike, etc.). They think of race day as the application of their fitness to the course, the distance. They are wrong. Race day is about the application of sound execution skills to a long day. Your fitness is just along for the ride. Through our observation of many, many races we can tell you that fully 90% of athletes out there do not understand this and do not know how to execute properly. For the Endurance Nation athlete then, race day is largely an exercise is doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing!
Easy to read/comprehend the above, difficult to actually apply on race day, when you feel rested, invincible with adrenaline and the best you have felt during the entire training cycle.  So important to start thinking and scripting this concept now.
Good Job team.... keep chipping away, two more weeks left of fitness

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know where I can find the page (spreadsheet) where we have previously entered our name, etc for IMMT for EN tracking purposes. Somehow I think I may have missed it?
  • Options

Hey Brad!! There are no more spreadsheets to enter information in- but we have a list of who is racing and that is how the tracker is created. That is also what will be used to begin the Group Me on race week!! WOOHOO!!  On my Sunday's post I will explain some options of getting a team dinner together!! WAY TO GET IT DONE my friend!! 

@ Michelle- SO GREAT to see in you LP!! I am so pumped for you!!!

• Options
    awhhhhhhhh 17!!!

nothing else to say !

this week end kids are out with aunt, can do the 2 bikes workout with the exact volume wow!
  • Options
    Another week in the books! One more and it's Taper time! Whoooo!
    This week was intense with our RR Run! So happy that is behind me! I'm feeling good, fatigued, but good :-)
    Week 18! Bring it on! :-)
  • Options
    Sorry for being late to the forum. I raced IMLP and an now turning my focus to IMMT.

Last week was a recovery week. I did run on Saturday and swim yesterday. I am monitoring my recovery this week, but should have one long ride before the taper.
  • Options

Thanks Laura - I should've known you guys were on this! BTW - congrats on your LP finish - way to persevere on a tough day!! 

To my MT teammates - great to see everyone getting it done. It has been a grind for me with the volume coupled with the heat, and I don't recall feeling this fatigued at this point of the build the last couple of years. I keep reminding myself that the fatigue is coming at the right time, as we approach the "peak". Heidi and I are heading to Lake Placid towards the end of this week for a training weekend, which is good timing with my last set of long bikes. Hope to get some quality swims/runs in too. Right now, I'm walking on some seriously tired legs.... Looking forward to seeing you all in 2.5 weeks or so!!

• Options
    Good work all !
    last big week starting now !

Rest well, hydrate and eat well this week not to dig a fatigue hole !
  • Options
    Most definitely, I'm listening to my body and taking a rest day today! After 200 miles in the last 3 days I need it! Heading out to breakfast! SAU points!! Final weeks...hang in there everyone!