Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2016 IM Louisville- Week 14- Run, run run

Week 14- Run Focus Week

Alrighty folks- how ya’ll doin?!? It’s AWESOME to read your posts and hear how things are going! Things are certainly ramping up and ya’ll are ROCKSTARS!

So the coaches declared this a “Run Focus Week”.  What that means is if possible, aim for a few more than your "typical" week by either inserting another run day or adding a small amount to every run you do.   HOWEVER- This is entirely optional, it simply plays into their separate build / taper approach for managing fitness by discipline across your Race Prep phase.
In saying that, as we start the week- check in with yourself.  How are you feeling? How’s your body handling the training stress? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch Coach Patrick’s discussion on cumulative fatigue under Week 14 IM video.  (Located on the right side of your Training Plan page).
He shares some EXTREMELY important and valuable information about smart training.

Alright Louisville Crew-Make sure to post in the forum or social media so we can see your hard work this week. I am so proud of you all for the talking going on in the forums.....that's what this team is all about!!!  This is hands down going to be an awesome group of EN'rs and I can't wait for you to crush it. Go out there and make us proud!

Comments

• Options
    I must say that all in all, I think I am holding up pretty well. I switched the Sat / Sun workouts to yesterday and today as my daughter and I are doing a sprint relay on Sunday. Last year we captured the women's relay division and beat the men's relay division too. We are hoping for a repeat. image Tomorrow I will do the run on the elliptical or pool (although my knee is healing up really well, and I could probably do the run, I don't want to jinx anything at this point). I will do Friday swim as scheduled, and maybe a short swim again on Saturday.

Hope everyone is having a great week and I look forward to the weekend updates. image

Cheers!
  • Options
    New course just announced for Louisville. They removed the out and back and made the loop a little bigger. From what I read, this takes away the big up and down on the out and back, and makes the course overall a little flatter. Here is a link to a map of the new course: http://www.ironman.com/~/media/95287436a69a476bbd651e11884d4871/imlouisville bike tbt 2016 web 1.pdf
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that John! Changes to the course had been rumored. Strangely though, the Ironman site now shows the total elevation gain at 5,448, while the previous bike profile PDF showed only 5,375 of gain.

I'll be riding the course with Trent this weekend so we'll take good notes to share with the team. (Assuming I can get Trent to slow down enough to take notes)
  • Options
    Enjoy and ride safe this weekend, Paul.

Although the IM site shows 5448, someone on the Louisville FB group rode the course and posted his info. He showed 4251 in almost 110 miles (he did not ride the little u-turn part, which would make it 112). Here is his route:  https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1314600828#.V72bGuSCEmY.gmail

I would love to get the course track from your ride so I can create a Trainerroad ERG course with power, if you would not mind sharing (I think you or Trent use a PM). I look forward to the update after your ride.

• Options

@John - Your post made my day! Thank you for getting the comms out so quickly! 

I do not speak fluent elevation, and would welcome someone to look at my Garmin Connect stuff to tell me if I am riding enough hills.

• Options
    Ok - so camp week is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Procedural question - it is better for me to swim on Thursday, rather than Friday (Fridays can be restrictive at my pool). How fatal is that to the overall Friday epic camp experience?
  • Options
    Good to bike off some tired legs... Friday would be best... But I just did my last race rehearsal with a night before swim.... My legs were still tired!
  • Options
    Beth - I think Thursday swim should be fine. Friday's workout is much more about the feel of the run after that long bike. The feeling of biking those first two hours after swimming in secondary ... but for me it's important to measure how much power I lose after swimming hard so I'm planning to swim Friday.

If you don't swim before this race rehearsal, no worries, but then be sure to plan for it on the Week 18 rehearsal.