Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant

2017 IMMT Roll Call....Who's In?

Comments

• August is coming quickly!

Glad to see the Ross' and the Stanbaughs are adding strength to our EN team foundation for this race!

I am hammering through the OS currently being constantly pushed by @Edwin Croucher, @Doug Johnson, and @Ed Eovino..........

Hoping to see some of you in Aspen during the June SS humble pie session on longer distances.

2 rooms left per above details if anyone is interested in IMMT lodging....

SS  

• Too kind SS and also wrong... you're dragging me every time I fall and keeping me on the path to IMMT. No surprise... we all know what a great leader you are and you're just doing what you always do. Thanks SS 
  • SS, you are OUR SUPREME LEADER that race.

Wish I only had 10% of your fitness level.
  • edited February 17, 2017 2:45PM
    @Francis Picard - I can always use quality Friday comedy.....thanks!  I'll try as hard as I can to stay in the race with this group of monsters........

• All in! Looking forward to racing with this crew again. Anna is finally off the fence and registered for the race... only thing left is to chase SS's CTL!
  • edited March 2, 2017 8:58PM
    Welcome to March 2017 IMMT peeps!!

Stretch....yawn.........August will be here before you know it!

Time to leave the hibernation cave and begin planning your fitness strategy!

Who will I see in Aspen?  Anyone planning a C.A.M.P. anytime at MT?

SS
  • edited April 18, 2017 1:21PM
    Good morning IMMT peeps!

I am interested to know what your schedule(s) are leading up to IMMT?

For example, I am pursuing the following:

April 30th - Texas X50, 1 mile swim, 40 mile bike, 9 mile run.....time to wake up, its 2017..... :/

May - Ft Worth HIM - should be nice and hot. :o

June - time to go north and leave the Texas heat behind - Aspen BBW and Ragnar Snowmass relay

July - buckling down for hard core IM training.... :)

Aug - IMMT. B)

I am also focused on intensity more than distance until I get within 7-8 weeks of race date this year.

SS

P.S.

I have reserved a Chateau 5 - 10 minutes walking distance from the swim start for 5 nights, August 16 - 21st.

https://www.vrbo.com/113088

Of the 6 bedrooms, 4 are already taken by myself, Ed Croucher and Doug Johnson and one other.

If you would like to reserve your space, the cost is USD $$183.00/night for 5 nights.  You will need to contact me (214.449.8391) and pay half now ($457) and the other half upon arrival.  You will send the money to my paypal account which I will provide if you contact me.

First come first serve.....

SS

• 4 months out (ouch already)

For me:

April: finish the month with Swim camp
    May: HIM training
    June: MT 70.3
    July: IM training including 2 weeks in California (SD, Carlsbad and Oceanside)
    August: try to follow the animals on race day.

SS: the house you rented is really well located. On our side we will be arriving in MT on Tuesday.

Looking fwd to meet you all ! if you plan to arrive before I leave to MT, let me know and could hang out in Montreal, the city is awesome during summer time 
  • Hello all! Joining late to the discussion however I am in for this year!! It's a fantastic venue so looking forward to it. I have had injury setbacks this year so this may just be one for fun. Need fingers crossed my pat injury self hold up!!
  • I hacked my Outseason by only running on snowshoes, biking 1xZ4, 1xZ5 and 1xZ3 rides with 2 swims and 2 weight sessions a week, so why not hack my IM training.  

Originally Steve and I were going to be doing HIM training starting this week to get ready for Tinman Half, but our son (28 years old) expressed that he wanted to do this Obstacle Course race in the hills of Gatineau on the same date. We are so excited and encouraged by his interest that we have decided to not bother doing Tinman.  

We have not be able to find another HIM that fits in the schedule, so we are just going to start our IM training next week.  I have never done that long of an IM plan, so I am nervous.  I am working on being a fat adapted athlete (Since Sep 2016), so the lower end training might suit me very well, rather than the intensity of an HIM plan.  I will still be swimming with my club on Tue/Fri, seeing my trainer on Mon/Fri and trail running on Tuesday nights and as soon as the snows melts I will on the roads in the Gatineaus for at least one of my runs on Thursday (probably morning).  

I will also be peppering in some trail races and riding events, depending on what pops up.  This is either going to work in my favor or not. I guess time will tell when I get to IMMT.

Is anyone considering going up for their RR?  We live 2.5hours away, so we will probably do that.
  • @Francis Picard @Dawn Cass @Brenda Ross

Great Updates!

FP - you and I are in HIM mode for May!

Dawn - you looked really strong on the ZWIFT ABP ride a couple of weeks ago!

Brenda/Steve - You guys will be ahead of some of us on the Endurance front it seems!  Keep leading!

@Rich Stanbaugh and @Anna Stanbaugh Just smashed the BRC this week!  Big miles/elevation!

Who else is in this rodeo that needs to chime in?

I did a local triathlon this weekend and got in some good intensity/racing reminders, etc...

SS

• @Shaughn Simmons - well i do not know about that, but we will do our best not to embarrass ourselves out there.
  • @Shaughn Simmons as soon as I complete an @Coach Patrick mandated recovery week from Blue Ridge Camp, I am all in.  I have no half distance races, but I am doing a couple of sprints to remember what its like to swim in a crowd and manage transition.  I also have a 200K ride in northern Michigan in June.  

We are going to take over that race this year!
  • hey guys, start learning French
  • Starting to find my training rhythm...finally. have found loads of inspiration from following Shaughn, Francis, Rich and Anna on Strava---y'all are already killing it this year and providing great motivation!!. Big ups to the EN IMMT crew!!
  • @Anna Stanbaugh and I are in! 

She is in awesome shape... I will start training soon :-)
  • Was planning IMLP 2018 as inaugural IM, but am now thinking IMMT 2017 instead!  The excitement in this forum is infectious! ... and the trigger is itching to be pulled ... 
  • @Rory Gumina - time to pull the trigger.  No better group than the one right here to train/race and IM with!
    @Rich Stanbaugh - damn nice ride this weekend you posted!
    @Michael Quinton some nice wkos you're posting on Strava!
    @Carolyn Piper - welcome to the family!
    @Brian Hagan rest followed by races sounds like a smart plan to bring back a reality check!  I raced about a week ago for the same reasons!

Back to back biking for me Sat and Sun..... :s 

Sunday several of us did the EN ABP ride on Zwift: https://www.strava.com/activities/975259103

I ran both days but fatigued.....

Slogged through a 26 X 100 (50/50) swim this morning: https://www.strava.com/activities/976659578/overview

Felt better after the swim than before.

SS

• @Shaughn Simmons - Ross's got things done. I find the first couple of weeks of IM training a bit tiring as my body is adjusting to the increased volume. I managed to hit all my scheduled worked. As is the theme this year, I am hacking the schedule a bit to keep me interested and cross trained.

Monday - run + weights with trainer
    Tuesday - swim with club, trail run with club
    Wednesday - bike + run, but this week I am at a conference on Saturday so I am doing that ride on Wednesday
    Thursday - long run in the Gatineau hills
    Friday - swim with club, weights with trainer
    Saturday - as assigned
    Sunday - Stadium workout and bike

Hubby is nurses an injury right now so he is only biking and swimming for one more week and then will jump in and do what he can for the remainder of the ride.

• Thanks for the encouragement @Shaughn Simmons !  Am now officially registered!

Guessing any nearby hotel with vacancy will do, but does anyone have particular suggestions?
  • @Rory Gumina

I have reserved a Chateau 5 - 10 minutes walking distance from the swim start for 5 nights, August 16 - 21st.

https://www.vrbo.com/113088

Of the 6 bedrooms, 4 are already taken by myself and 3 others.

If you would like to reserve your space, the cost is USD $$183.00/night for 5 nights.  You will need to contact me (214.449.8391) and pay half now ($457) and the other half upon arrival.  You will send the money to my paypal account which I will provide if you contact me.

First come first serve.....

• @Rory Gumina - where the SS rented is a nice location, I rented directly in the pedestrian village and will arrive on August 16 too. You should rent with him considering that the vacancy places are probably not well located or small (depending on your party coming with ya)

Just took a look at my TSS ramp up and last week was my first one over 1000.. that means serious business is building!

FYI.. they was snow falling today in MT. cant believe we are racing in 6 weeks.
  • @Shaughn Simmons Rooms still available?  I have no business signing up for this race but may just bite it and try a hacked training method to join such an epic group.  We'll see.... Only thing might have been not having accommodations so if that is open then................
  • Thanks @Francis Picard ... I just spoke with @Shaughn Simmons.

No snow here, but did freeze fingers and toes on my Quassy RR this past Saturday.

And I expect I will see a ramp up once @Coach Rich cobbles my new roadmap ...  :o

• Brushing up on my French.  In.

@Shaughn Simmons - couple of HIM's in June and July as a preamble mixed with some other tri and running events.  (It is also rumored that I signed up for IMWI as a post-script as well...)

Great group.  It's going to be fun.
  • @Trent Prough - one room left.  @Rory Gumina took one last night.  We would love to have you!

@Francis Picard - every time I look at your posted wko it is Serious Business!

@Ian Kurth - we have an All Star group going into the Mt Tremblant.  My plan is too train as smart as I can to be around the cool kids for as long as possible before they begin to throw down on race day!

Happy Tuesday all!

7 mile run this morning for me with 5 X 3' intervals.....legs still not recovered from the weekend but, what doesn't kill you........

SS
  • This group is beyond ultimate definition of epic