Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2016 IM Florida Week 11- Big day

Week 11 - Another "Big Day"
BIG shout out to all about your posts in the forum! LOVED seeing your posts about this weeks training! We are so fortunate to have such an awesome team with a TON of knowledge and most importantly MOJO!!! Who else is out there??? How did this weekend go?? Whats your plan to get it all in this week?
So this week…...Second “Big Day”

Things to pay attention to

Nutrition

Watching your pacing (are you making mistakes early on?)

Don’t “rest” in-between but no need to go full fledge tri geek and set up transitions where you sprint from event to event

What coaches want to see this week is us talking about how we are going to prepare. Post your “big day” check list here, a chance to even practice your “race plan” and “race report”

Let’s not wait until after the big day to start discussing what we did or didn’t do. Lets plan it out, write it out and discuss it now so we can help each other. Then debrief with this awesome Crew after the big day on what worked and what didn’t.

This will set you up for your race rehearsals closer to race day.

****There is still time to find a friend who is racing Florida or your other IM events and give them the best gift you could give someone— no not a power meter, a free 30 days of Endurance Nation. Sharing is caring! (you get a Free month when they sign up also)**** give them friend@endurancenation.us email and we take care of the rest!

Ya’ll are EN rock stars…. soooo what’s on your mind?

Comments

• Options
    hi folks. Gonna kick of the "big day" thread by saying that I will not be doing a big day this week. My plan from here on out is to do a big day / camp style set every other week starting next week. Given my personal commitments to my family this go around (and the fact that they have put up with florida 15, texas 16 and are now putting up with florida 16), I am going to take a day off from work every other week and make it a blowout training day. Either a "big day" sbr or race rehearsal, then follow up with a normal weekend of long run one day, long ride the next. This way I am home on the weekends and done by 10:30 on Saturdays and by 11 on sundays.
    So for instance here is next week's schedule (mostly so I can map it out for myself)
    Monday - recovery spin in the AM - 1hr, short interval pool set at lunch - 1 hr
    Tuesday - VO2 max bike short interval set in the AM - 1hr, 40min run at lunch, 30min run in evening while kiddo has soccer (laps around the field. other parents must think im nuts.)
    Wednesday - interval run - 1hr in the AM. Lunch - intermediate interval swim
    Thursday - Looks like Tuesday but the intervals on the bike are FTP instead of VO2.
    Friday - big day - swim 40, eat, bike 4, eat, run 1
    Saturday - Long slow run 2hrs
    Sunday - Long slower bike - 4hrs.
  • Options
    Missed my big day because I'm traveling next week and moved the week 12 Fri-Sun into this week...so I still had a 5hr 10min day today. Otherwise I'm only short ~30min of swimming this week from our plan. I went out for a run during the last hour of a tornado watch in our area from Hurricane Hermine yesterday morning, so that ought to count for something image

44 running miles this week...I'm VERY happy to have a a couple of run-free days.

@Jimmy...smart man, & kudos to you for prioritizing your family.
  • Options
    scott - impressive run vol! what does your weekly schedule look like?
  • Options
    I'm working the full IM advanced plan, so usually swim on M & T, hard bike on W, Thur long/split run, Fri swim, Sat/Sun big bike and running most every day. Mon-Fri are early mornings for me to try to get everything in so I have family time in afternoons, which works since my kids are not morning people. Weekends are more challenging.