Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2016 IM Wisconsin Race Day Thread

Hi Team, are you ready to give your teammates some serious mojo for this coming weekend? This thread is to be used on race day to comment on race conditions, observations on how our team are doing during there races, or just to provide some mojo on race day.  On the dashboard there will be an EN Tracker with all the peeps racing. Good luck racers.

Comments

• Options

Very important day coming up on 9/11.

Not because it is my IM race this year.........

Because 9/11 IS the day EN will overtake and pass the current 1st place Division one team....

Yes, I said it, hold me to it, mark my words....

Your IMWI peeps are ready, they have done the work, completed CAMP on the course itself are coming mentally prepared for the THE LINE..... BUT,

Gonna need all the Mojo the larger EN team can bring on this day to get it done.......!

SS

• Options
    Is there a place to sign up for GroupMe? Not racing but I'll be there this weekend and would like to be included if possible to keep tabs on the action!
  • Options
    Please add me to group me as well. Rachel, hope to see you.
  • Options
    Ladies, I am the keeper of the group me and I will add you.
  • Options

i'm not sure how the groupme works, but I hope I've done what is needed to be included.  Heading up tomorrow, I'm on edge.  need to meditate or something.   

• Options
    I'll be the girl on the course in the giraffe costume. Should be able to find me! Loving the excitement even as a non-racer!
  • Options
    I am very technology challenged. I signed up fo GroupMe and downloaded the app but not sure what to do now. Headed to Madison in 20 minutes!! Like Stephan, I'm on edge as well. Need to get the butterflies flying in unison!!! But feeling very prepared thanks to Coach Patrick, Coach Rich and all of you awesome EN'rs!!
  • Options
    FYI...Side note to last post. I probably didn't need to say I was techology challenged as I think I am the only EN'r with my picture upside down!!??

• Options
    I've got that familiar tension building! Have to welcome that. I love quotes:
    "It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out: it's the pebble in your shoe." -Muhammad Ali
  • Options
    there is a race this week end ?
  • Options
    I'm partial to "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"... Mike Tyson
  • Options
    Or if it has to be Ali..." How tall are you?... So I know in advance how far to step back when you fall down"
  • Options
    In case you aren't on the GROUPME or didn't see it - Team Picture will be at the bottom of the service elevator stairs at 630am

Transition closes at 630 so if you leave by 620 AND DONT TAKE THE HELIX (use the stairs next to the elevator where the picture will be on the south side of the helix) then you will have enough time to walk down there, get a quick pep talk, take a picture and walk with everyone else towards swim start.

Use groupme or text me personally if you have any questions. Once I finalize my spectating plan, I will post that here as well just in case.

Cant wait to cheer you all on!
  • Options
    Mariah and Rich will be at transition around 530am, team picture at 630am, swim start, bike mount (as close as I can get) - bike mile 16/56/98 intersection of waylen road and old PB (great place for families - have them search for Grey's Tide House) -- on the run we will be on state street bouncing around between mile 1 and 9 which is also mile 12 -19ish --- then behind the finish line and then we will have post race beers at coopers tavern - first one to finish starts that table! Coach R and I will split off on the run so you get extra mojo on the course. If you're not wearing an EN kit-- you might have to yell at me first if you happen to notice.
  • Options
    A song for the racers and the support crews

https://youtu.be/tiCGYr90Mhc

• Options
    Lots of early great work out there by the team. SS had a second bike split that was extremely un-SS-like. Hope he only had a flat and is back in the game.
  • Options
    Tracker is really off - SS had a flat before the race started and luckily we caught it in time for him to go back to transition. Im at mile30 and haven't seen him yet which means he passed me before I got here. However I am noticing the tracker is taking FOREVER to update currently per usual. I'll go live on periscope in a few again if you're on there
  • Options
    SS is physically AND mentally strong. He will manage the flat curveball.
  • Options
    Anybody notice Lydsey Fugate's swim? 54:16 looks like the fastest woman of the day ! And looks like Teri is 6-7th woman with a sub-58..... Thats including the Pro - women.... Although the ag'ers had wetsuits and pro's did not .... But still WOW just WOW!!!
  • Options
    What a huge contingent we've got out there! Some awesome swim times too! Sending good vibes to everyone!
  • Options
    Just saw SS at around mile 75 ish at Mt Horab - he looks great! Also passed EE about 10 mins before him for a good tracker
  • Options
    splits are great !

Didnt know we had so much dolphins on the team !
  • Options
    Apparently Teri got a penalty by the DNR for violating the No Wake zone in Lake Monona during her swim.
  • Options
    Some smoking bike times and good starts on the run. Looks like some folks are doing to work for EN to hunt down that tri-club lead!
  • Options
    Just saw SS about mile 9 on the run "cassette fell off the bike" but he is calm cool collected and looking FANTASTIC on the run
  • Options
    Wendy Watson - 3rd in AG coming off the bike. Lots of great performances out there already.
  • Options
    Wow. And look at those crazy consistent run splits Frederick is putting up!
  • Options

Rich Stanbaugh, Todd Glass, and Teri Cashmere all look in with a chance to finish top ten. Teri might make podium with a strong finish to her run. Rich appears to be running at a very steady pace - maybe they put a metronome n when he had all those surgeries.

• Options

Posted By Jeremy Behler on 11 Sep 2016 04:56 PM
    Wow. And look at those crazy consistent run splits Frederick is putting up!
    Ian too! You could set a watch by that pacing!