Home General Training Discussions
Options

Power Meter / Computer Display

So, my Ergomo finally died and I decided to send it in to be refurbished.  While the Quarq is a nice unit the Ergomo head unit seems to be the best display on the market, meaning you have access to important power data during your ride.  (Watts, TSS, IF, NP)

On to my question,  if you could pull together the ideal (4) data points to display what would they be?  The company updating my head unit has the ability to change the main display.

My currently display:

Watts          Heartrate

RPM             MPH

TIME

The new display must have time at the bottom but can include any other data points. (TSS, IF, w/kg, Distance)  Of the current (4) I think rpm has bee the least useful.   I would like to have distance during a race or ride interval.  Should Heartrate be replaced with IF or TSS?

Keep in mind that I will still have the other pages that display all Power, Altimetry, Average, Max and Total variable.  The changes would be to the Main Display.

So what is vital data on your main display during training/racing and what is a 'nice to have'?

Comments

• Options

My five points are definitely Time, Distance, HR, watts, and cadence.  Speed has become almost irrelevant to me these days.  It is what it is; my goals are in watts.  Wish I could get the PT computer to display those 5 at once.

I'd love to have a separate page with TSS, IF, NP, etc, but don't think it's ever something I'd want to have in front of me as my dashboard.  Rather be able to check in on it periodically.

Mike

• Options

Thank you Mike.

The repair shop offered up to 8 data points.  However, I would imagine that you sacrifice display size at the same time.

• Options

I've got 5:

watts / IF

cadence / mph

time

BTW, there's an ergomo program where you can customize your own display w/o having Ergomo do it.  I could probably send it to you, for future updates.

• Options

Scott,

I would love that.  It would help to take the pressure off this decision.  I sent the unit out about a week ago and received an email this morning regarding the display choice.  

Thank you for the advice.

• Options

I'm pretty similiar to Michael...

For training I watch:

• Power
    • Avg Power for Current Lap
    • RPM
    • Time
    • Distance

For racing I watch:

• Power
    • HR
    • Time

Best thing I did was to remove MPH form my display as it just makes me do dumb things.

• Options
    Posted By Tom Carpenter on 24 Nov 2009 08:58 AM

Scott,

I would love that.  It would help to take the pressure off this decision.  I sent the unit out about a week ago and received an email this morning regarding the display choice.  

Thank you for the advice.

Send me an email, salexand@hotmail.com, I'll shoot it your way this week.