Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2016 IM Florida Week 13- Keep learning

Week 13 - Knowledge burst
@Jimmy- way to be smart yesterday!!!! If your body is talking YOU MUST LISTEN!! How ya feelin today???
Does anyone have a 70.3 this weekend? Coaches like to have you break up your race season into A, B, C races and this is traditionally the last weekend you can have a 70.3 leading up to your full. Any races coming up???
This week is a Bike Focus Week. Coaches have strategically put in some volume bumps within the plan to prepare you for your race! This will be a chance for your to push your boundaries in cycling. So what do you have on your plan for cycling this week? Going anywhere beautiful and exciting to enjoy the time outside?
A couple more notes: Make sure you are tweaking your nutrition plan as needed. What are you learning works? Does not work?? 

Plan ahead........Camp is in two weeks - see how this is going to work into your schedule.  Any questions, don't hesitate to ask myself or Coach P. So now I turn it over to the fantastic Florida Crew- I want to hear all about your training weekend and what you learned. CHIME IN!! LET'S HEAR IT!!!  
Let me know if you need ANYTHING at all!! Let’s GET IT!!

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy, glad to hear you bounced back well last week.

Last week was a volume train wreck for me. Travels forced a lot of missed workouts and I went from a -47 to +15 TSB from Wed to Sun (plus I ate poorly).

I guess I am breaking the rules, my 70.3 is next Sunday. I am trying to get all of the plan volume in this week to build back up before a little taper next week. So far so good since Monday. Hopefully the Florida rain holds off enough to let me get outside on the bike over the next 3 days. If not, at least it's football season so the trainer is a little more bearable.
  • Options

Did a local 70.3 last Saturday as a "C" race. No real taper, just backed off the bike on Wed. and let the race be my long run of the week. Times were not great on a hot/humid day. But I wanted to execute the race well, and work on solving a gap in my nutrition plan that has been killing the back half of the runs. I think I've figured out the problem, just not enough calories, but they're hard to get down once the run starts, so I'm going to increase them a little on the bike and work on getting more down running.

Back to training. Swims feel fine, Tues. run good-a little extra fatigue from Sat., Wed. bike power a tick low-.93's

How's everyone else doing?

• Options
    ok, its officially week 14 but the new thread isn't up yet so Ill post here.
    Good incremental improvements last week. TSS over 1k and a big bump in run mileage to 38mi. Life kept giving me lots of opportunities to take 30 to 50min runs. Swim work was fine. Bike work was light. But that will get fixed this week as I will be calling in sick on Friday for another big day / race rehearsal / mini camp weekend. Right now I am planning to swim, be on a work conference call, then bike run on Friday, get a long slow run in on Saturday morning then ride with whatever is left on Sunday. If I feel myself digging a hole I may just keep digging this time as I have to travel for work Monday thru Wednesday and will be limited to some running only those days and will be able to catch up. Plus while travel is hectic it is nothing compared to kids so I will get more rest than usual.
    good luck to all this week.