Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IM Lou Week 18 Long Rides

This week is going to be tough for me. I don't think its possible to get in all of the riding this weekend. I'm curious as to what everyone else is planning for this week, especially if you can't fit in the back to back race rehearsal rides + the last long ride on Sunday, like me. My tentative plan is to try getting 4 hours on the trainer on Friday (split morning/night) and swapping the Saturday/Sunday rides (my wife has competition on Saturday, so that is the reason for the swap). 

Ugh...not the time to not be able to get in all of the rides, but I'm feeling solid after last week's long ride. The taper crazies are starting to creep in now 

Comments

• Options
    I did my last long ride this last weekend. I got in a century and my 60 minute run. I have a big charity event that I am in charge of this weekend and know I couldnt fit it in.

Coach Patrick changed my schedule to just do the RR over this last weekend. Then this weekend, I will fit in a couple 3 -4 hour rides if possible. It seems like alot of people training just had their last long session this last weeeknd. I do think the 2 week taper makes good sense but I guess a 3 week one wont make us lose too much fitness.
  • Options
    Rich - I did IMLou last year and ran into the same problem you are having. Like Julie, I did my RR the weekend before. Then the 2 weekends before the race we had heavy rains and a busy family schedule. I did some 3 hour rides on the trainer for the rest but always squeezed in the runs. Really focused on consistency and nutrition for the bike. If you've put in the work the fitness will be there. I used it as a chance to focus on nutrition and running off the bike. This will NOT make or break you're race. You've got this. Good luck.
  • Options
    Rich, your plan seems pretty good. 4 hours on the trainer is worth at least 5 on the road in my book A split session Friday should be fine, it's more about accumulating time in the saddle. If you feel guilty maybe add another trainer session Thursday evening ... but ditto to what Jay says ... you've got this!
  • Options

The bike is my strongest discipline, so I wasn't worried about it until I saw my personal schedule for this week and not being able to get them all in. I'm glad I'm not alone image Thanks for the feedback everyone...and helping put my mind at ease about the bike workouts. 

Let crush this race in a couple of weeks!