Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2016 IM Florida Week 15- CAMP TIME!

Week 15- Camp Week/ Race Rehearsal
HUGEEEE SHOUT OUT to Jimmy for all your posting and mojo! LOVE IT! Who else is out there?? Let's hear about your weekends. I know you're out there- check in here!!
Ok IM Florida Crew- You have made it to WEEK 15! WOOHOO!! With each week comes a little more excitement for the BIG DAY! So let’s talk about this week. Camp week is YOUR time to PRACTICE your plan and get a volume bump in your training.  Remember to pay extra attention to the Coach Notes in the plans.  They will give IMPORTANT information about this week. ALSO- Coach P did a great video about how to approach this week of training- check it out!, read more in depth in the forums on Race Rehearsal weekends.  I would recommend if you have specific questions for Coach Rich or Patrick, GET THOSE IN THE MICRO/MACRO forums NOW! Don't wait to ask them a questions on Friday night for Saturday morning!
Things to Remember:

Rest! Cumulative lack of recovery can impact race rehearsal - Can take a break Monday or Thursday if you need (If you're going to camp then this works out great as Thursday is your travel day)

Workouts that are focused and require the most dedication:

Good interval bike
Good Interval run

Think at the start of this week.

What do I need this weekend to get ready. Get your equipment dialed in.

Pacing

Get out there and JRA - 1 hour 1.5 then to steady pace

Fueling plan

Run - first three miles LRP plus 30” per mile. First three miles to settle in - mark the transition and take stock of how you feel

Keep on CRUSHIN’ it Florida Team!!!

Comments

• Options
    Race weekend done! Ok Laura I'm on board to take the EN train to Florida. Will mostly be swimming and biking this week on account I just finished RR ????????. Let's go everyone!!!
  • Options
    Hi! Yes Stephanie I signed up for IM Florida this morning!?? hahah! Does this mean my Choo counts as RR?
  • Options

Camp Day 1 done:  Swim- 4200y in about 90'. I'm not a fast swimmer, and I was fighting a foot cramp the last 1k.

Bike- 96.5 mi. Power a little low (.64 IF overall), but rode steady and executed nutrition plan.

Run- 6 mi @ 65'  Easy run and time includes ~20 - 30 pace hydration walks every mile.

Things went well. Feel ok which tells me nutrition plan was pretty close to being right. Lotsa time in aero on the bike. Back at it tomorrow.

• Options

Camp Day 2: Had to cut the bike a little short/family plans. Still some good work on tired legs.

Bike- 48 mi in about 3 hrs. Slow! PM died at about mi 10-probably just a battery. Power and pace were slow.

Run- 3 mi in 32'. First mile was pretty ugly, then started to loosen up.

• Options

Camp Day 3: 13 mi run. Pacing guidelines put me a little longer than 2 hrs. I think I've worked out a gap in my run nutrition thru this. Good effort.

• Options
    I raced Augusta last Sunday which threw last week's schedule out of whack. This week was complicated by work stuff and an unexpected visit from friends we never see coming to stay with us over the weekend so Camp Week is a bust for me. I got a long run in Thursday then just under 6 hours of S/B/R Friday. Nothing yesterday and a 2 hour brick today. Hoping next week I'll be back on track.

Great job @Mark!
  • Options
    Back at it ...

1.2 swim
    56 bike
    13.1 run

In recovery boots watching Braveheart feeling like a complete badasss.
  • Options
    Hi Teammates

IMFL will be my 2nd IM.  My first was a DNF at IM Louisville a few years ago.  Made it to mile 20 on the run but was pulled off the course - moving too slow.  Embarrassed to be such a back of the packer compared to most of the EN team.  So much talent!  After reading Lindsey Blumenshein's IMWI race report - gave me hope maybe I can finish one of these too. Lots of great work by everyone.  Not quite where I want to be with mine but better prepared than my last IM except my swim.  Worried about the possible swim conditions but can't control that.  Look forward to seeing everyone out there.

• Options
    Amy just focus on doing what you can do these last few weeks! My first IM I had 3 ....yes 3 flat tires and a screaming IT band. Don't worry about finishing or not. Just get tomorrow's training in. There's no judgement. That's one of the things I love MOST about EN. The Haus accepts you where you are. Have a great start to the week!!!??
  • Options
    Thank you so much Stephanie. You have a great week too?