Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum πŸŽβ€Ί 140.6 Forumsβ€Ί Ironman Maryland
Options

2016 IM Maryland Race Day Thread

Hi Team, are you ready to give your teammates some serious mojo for this coming weekend? This thread is to be used on race day to comment on race conditions, observations on how our team are doing during there races, or just to provide some mojo on race day. Β 

Listed on the dashboard in the EN tracker are our members that are racing this weekend. Lets pray they do not get the conditions that IMChattanooga peeps got this past weekend.

Comments

• Options
    Hi all,
    Due to unforeseen complications, I won't be racing IMMD this year. Best of luck to the entire EN crew! Have a great day. I did the race last year and it was a blast. Definitely dress for the conditions, whatever they may be. Last year I did both the bike and run with leggings, a long sleeve and a vest. If you're still out when the sun goes down, the wind may howl and it will be cold.
    Best of luck, safe travels, and see you next year.
    Paul
  • Options
    Paul - you will be missed! I hope all is well :-)
    Laura - are you joining us in Cambridge?
    Count me in as 1 for dinner, please -
    Looking forward to seeing everyone - in the meantime, safe travels!
    Cheers,
    Woody
  • Options
    did chesapeakeman in cambridge in 2011. rained like this. blackwater creek national wildlife refuge roads were so flooded in areas you couldn't see the road thru the water. had to just stay in the clear area between vegetation growing along the road!

are we using GroupMe for texting?

Wx should be clear on Saturday...I hope!
  • Options
    Good luck everyone! The Chesapeake Bay is a special place for me. It always makes me think of my Grandmother who grew up in Chesapeake Beach which is almost right across the bay from Cambridge. Her sister lived there and we went there a lot to visit during the summer. We would go fishing for striped bass, have blue crab boils, collected old sharks teeth that came out of this cliff near the beach, and watch the fireworks on the 4th from the boat. A lot of good memories. My Grandmother was the one that taught me how to swim. She was a Red Cross certified Water Safety Instructor. She taught swimming lessons in her pool to a lot of people. I helped her for many years teaching. We taught anywhere from 4 years to adult. Everyone called her Ms. Grace. She passed away earlier this year. She was 90 and it was her time. She was so excited (and worried) about me doing these triathlon things. I miss her but I know she can watch me now. Sorry this got lengthy. Just like I said, a lot of good memories in that area and just wanted to share. I know y'all will have a great race. Looks like the temps will be good and maybe the rain will hold off. Whatever happens I know y'all will execute ninja style. Go get 'em Crabbies!!!
  • Options
    Plz add tim c.
  • Options
    In case you didn't see the post on the dashboard. They cancelled the swim at IMMD due to safety and have shortened the bike to 104 miles due to flooding. Weather is crap! Time Trial bike start looked like they only gave folks about 5 seconds between riders. I'm not sure there is much else they could do because they have to get 3000 people on the course- but on that course, it's gonna be a draft fest. There's just no way around it. I hope everyone is safe.
  • Options
    Tim c cranking on the run.

Al t. Moving well in the run. "I feel great" he told his wife.
  • Options
    Team is doing great on the course ! got the feeling a podium for Tim and Al
  • Options
    EN Ninja's!!!!
  • Options
    Tim had steady run and 3rd AG!! Congratulations Tim
  • Options
    Woody ok ?