Home Classifieds
Options

Wahoo KICKR SNAP for Sale

I bought this thing at the end of February because I wanted the full Zwift experience. I ended up not enjoying it because while Zwifting you actually have to pay attention to the terrain and shift into different gears. I want the full experience of suffering without the distraction of shifting or other activities that require attention and brain energy. The other thing I didn’t like was the inability to calibrate the power between the trainer itself and the powermeter on my bike. Otherwise, it’s very sturdy and a great unit if you don’t have a powermeter or you’re looking to get a smart trainer at a more reasonable cost than the high end models.

All the specs to the model are here: http://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/kickr-snap-bike-trainer

I’ve put less than 3 hours on this thing. I packed it up in the original box at the beginning of March and it’s been laying around ever since. MSRP is $699. I’m asking $450 + shipping.

Any questions let me know.

Comments

• Options

I thought the auto-resistance was the big selling point to Kickr Snap.  It's supposed to alter resistance based on terrain changes in Zwift, without the need for manual shifting.  Not true?  

• Options
    The selling points for me was the lower price compared to the KICKR and the fact that it's a "wheel on" trainer. You don't have to take your rear wheel off.

The SNAP does alter resistance based on terrain changes in Zwift. You don't need to touch anything on the trainer in order for that to happen. However, you do need to shift the gears on your bike if you want to maintain the same cadence/power as a result of the Zwift terrain changes, similar to riding outside.

That functioning works great, I just personally didn't enjoy having to pay that close of attention to the Zwift program in order to shift and maintain whatever cadence/power i was aiming for.
  • Options
    Doug - Not trying to change your mind on the sale but, if you use the Snap with TrainerRoad, you can set TrainerRoad to control the Snap using power readings from your other powermeter (if I recall correctly, you have a Quarq), which ensures that your watts inside are the same as your watts outside. The EN workouts are already loaded in TrainerRoad, so there is that also.
  • Options
    Thanks John. I actually didn't know that. Just read up on "powermatch" and that's a great feature. I'm still going to sell it though. I really only bought it for swift. I will never use or take the time to look into all of the other features the smart trainers offer.
  • Options
    Sold on eBay for $455+
  • Options
    (if I recall correctly, you have a Quarq), which ensures that your watts inside are the same as your watts outside. The EN workouts are already loaded in TrainerRoad, so there is that also.
    Hi @John Henault  can you tell me how to find the EN workout on TrainerRoad?