Homeโ€บ Community Forum ๐Ÿ 
Options

2017 EN 1Km Swim "Bring the Pain TT" Challenge

Swimming?..... In the Outseason?...... What the...?

Yes, you read <g class="gr_ gr_194 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="194" data-gr-id="194">it</g> right folks. It`s time to find that swimsuit, goggles, and swim cap and get yourself to the pool.</span></p>
<p dir="ltr" style="margin-top: 0pt; m

Comments

• Options
    Brenda - is this a 2 week total swim volume challenge, or a single 1K TT challenge that must be conducted between Jan 15-30, 2017? I want to do this since I'm building volume for a 5K OWS on Dec 31, 2017. Yes, that is open water...Clearwater Beach. Wetsuit legal...probably in the 60s.
  • Options
    woo hoo! I love to swim!
  • Options
    looks good!
  • Options
    Paul - You swim 1km on the first day of the challenge for a benchmark and then you can swim as much or as little as you want for the 2 weeks and then at the end of the challenge you do another 1km swim test to see if you have improved your time.
  • Options
    Nice - I'm in. 17:04 to beat. Ouch.
  • Options
    Did my first swim test on Monday, first time in the water since IMFL Nov 5. Having trouble finding the spreadsheets in this forum-link?
  • Options
    Oh no, okay, let's rectify that situation. Looks like my forum post got a little jacked up when the forums changed over. Here is the link to the document to record your info folks.

EN 2017 1km Swim "Bring the Pain TT" Challenge
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2017 3:23PM
    @Paul: A great epic challenge. I'd prefer warm water and a speed skin ;-)
    I'm ready to go 1K (SCY) today. Its been 4 months... probably going to "dog-it" and try to crush my time on Jan 30. Not sure that's going to go well.
  • Options
    Got a 39" gain on just 2 weeks of swimming. Form a little sloppy, but a good effort.
  • Options
    Nope. My baseline swim level did not improve without work. It takes about two weeks of sucking air before I start to feel better. Planning to swim for two weeks meant... I still sucked air and went the same speed. At least I had three "short, hard" swims.