Homeโ€บ Community Forum ๐Ÿ 
Options

Bike Cuba 2017

My wife Cheryl and I have signed up for a trans-Cuba bike trip, March 16-April 1st. Due to still extant regulations, the trip must include a "cultural exchange" component, so it's not *all* biking; it will be 100 k/day, with time for city/town touring along the way. The company doing this is Canadian; they've been running bike trips in Cuba since the turn of the century. The owner has a part-time residence on the Island, and I believe his son-in-law is Cuban. The crew includes 2 tour leaders, driver, mechanic, and cultural guide. Cost, which includes lodging and 2 meals/day, but not airfare, is about $2700 for the 17 days, IIRC.

I have no skin in this game, just looking to entice other like-minded adventurers to an early opportunity to see the country newly opened to US citizens. While there's a triathlon happening there towards the end of February, this offers a chance for a more prolonged, leisurely, deeper immersion into the island, while getting some early season training in. Rewards of retirement...

https://bicycletranscuba.com/tour/trans-cuba-2017/

Comments