Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Back in the house

Team: After a 4 year haitus I am back training with team EN. Team EN got me to finish IMWI strongly in 2011. And then in 2015 I set a PR at IMAZ. For IMAZ I hired a coach.

About Me: I was a school teacher for 24 years (high school science) and then a tech director at a school (2 yrs). In my 19th year of teachingI helped to pioneer a new way to teach which has taken off globally. I have written 7 books (8th one comes out in April) about the teaching method (Flipped Learning). I now spend my time leading the global movement and traveling a lot. This has taken me all over the world and been very gratifying. This has also been a challenge for training. Some how I have been able to keep in shape but I have not done as many IM's as I would like. 

My wife and I just celebrated our 25th wedding aniversary and we are now empty nesters.  I live in the Chicago suburbs so I look forward to connecting with some of the Chicago peeps.  

Comments

• Options
    Welcome back! What is on your plate for 2017?
  • Options
    The only for sure race this year is IMWI. I am tentatively also planning on Racine 70.3
  • Options
    As soon as you do them you'll be sucked right back into the vortex!
  • Options
    @Jon, just looked you up on Amazon - very cool! Which one of your books would you recommend as a starter to flipping the classroom? I'm a volunteer parent that does a lot with STEM and Computer programming with elementary and middle school kids. I'm really not that good but no one else volunteered image

Funny thing about flipping the classroom here is that almost no teachers do it here because they think it violates the District homework policy that states you can't assign homework to something you haven't taught. As a volunteer parent, those rules don't apply to me!
  • Options
    Tom: I would start with Flip Your Classroom. Interesting you talk about HW policy. I just finished my 8th book and the topic is HW:  It will be published in April:  Title is "Solving the HW Problem by Flipping the Learning." (ASCD is publisher--ascd.org)