Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Bill Manard's micro thread

Hi, Coach P - 

I'm headed into week 12 of NOS this coming week (on INT plan), with swim camp starting the week following.  I'll be traveling for vacation on Saturday, making it a little difficult to get everything in.  Here were my thoughts for the next week:

• Mon - easy day/core/swim/maybe brief run like Friday's optional run
  • Tues - as planned
  • Wed - as planned
  • Thur - Saturday's bike and run (figure it's key to get this one in)
  • Fri - if I have time, Thursday's bike (figure this is the less important bike to get in) and run; don't worry if not
  • Sat - travel; short run at end of day if feeling OK
  • Sun - as planned

Does this sound reasonable?  Thanks for your advice.

Comments

• Options
    Bill, that's perfect. And what a way to close out the OS headed into vacation. Are you confident about your numbers / fitness? Do you need to do any final testing? 

~ Coach P
  • Options
    I was planning on testing bike on the Saturday after I got back (11 days from now); I think I can SWAG the run fairly well.

Thanks!  Actually planned the vacation right at this time just for that reason!
  • Options
    That's perfect...I think you are right on track my friend. Please post some vacation pics!!!
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2018 2:47PM

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Your Notes

Not doing much since IMCoz; just restarted biking. IMCoz RR not yet completed, but puked through run due to not absorbing. CTL still about 70 and predicted to remain about there (using bike focus plan through starting JanOS). 

Your Races

• Steelhead 70.3 on 8/12/2018
    • Ironman Arizona (2018-11-18) #IMAZ_18 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 01/31/2018 
    • On 1/8/2018 Load the Beginner OutSeason (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/15/2018
    • On 4/16/2018 Load the -- Swim Camp to end on 4/29/2018
    • On 4/30/2018 Load the Intermediate Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks to end on 6/10/2018
    • On 6/11/2018 Load the EN*Half Training Plan, L1 or L2 workouts, to end on 8/12/2018
    • On 8/13/2017 Load the -- Post Half Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (2Wks) to end on 8/26
    • >> Transition Early << 
    • On 8/19/2017 Load the Beginner EN*Full to end on 11/18/2018
    • On 11/19/2018 Load the -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 12/16/2018
    • On 12/17/2018 Load the -- Run Durability 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/13/2019
    • On 1/14/2019 Load the -- Run Durability 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 2/10/2019
    •        

Coach Notes

1) Let's review IMCOZ....we want to figure out what that was and how we could improve it. So please get me links to your bike and run files (with HR!) as well as what you ate / drank for the bike and the early part of the run!

2) I have lined up your plan to start the Jan OS, but I want to be respectful if your body needs a bit more rest...so let me know if that's the case...we could have you start in Feb. Seriously, you could spend a lot of time in Zwift and have some serious fun if you want!

3) Let me know re the above and we'll go from there!

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options
    Thanks, @Coach Patrick - RR is posted at My very bad, not good, IM Cozumel RR with links to bike and run files from Strava.  intake is in RR.

I should be ready, but, as I was reminded this morning, I'm still not 100%.  However, I plan to start JOS as planned.

Thanks!
  • Options
    On this stay tuned!
  • Options
    Adding in Steelhead 70.3 on 12 August. I’d inticipaye that change the GF starting in June to HIM plan, correct?
  • Options
    @Bill Manard - Absolutely. I just made the edits above. So GF is dropped and EN*Half is in, plus one week of Post Race Transition plan (you do exit early) and then we go from there to the Full. Thanks for the heads up!

Note, I don't see Steelhead in our Team Race Database (password is WORKWORKS) so can you please submit your Roadmap here: http://members.endurancenation.us/TrainingPlan/TriathlonSeasonRoadmap.aspxRoadmap  and be sure to check (just updated database so it doesn't end back up in my todo list!!!). 

Thanks!

~ Coach P
  • Options
    Finally saw this and re-submitted my TSR (choosing the option to not redo TSR).  I'll try to remember to recheck.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Because I'm type A, I'm looking ahead (that and I hate taper time for Steelhead...).  You didn't recommend, for IMAZ, whether to do bike or run in my TSR above.  My thought would be that run would be more appropriate (since I'm much weaker there).  Just making sure I'm thinking right.  Thanks!
  • Options
    @Bill Manard -  stay inside your box. 😂 

I agree on the run focus playing for sure. But let’s see how you come out of steelhead. The run there will give us a good indication of the depth of your run fitness and what the next best step is.
  • Options

@Bill Manard - Thanks for Checking in with me via the Roadmap form. Here are my thoughts for you!

• Options

@Bill Manard - I got your Check-In update, and have pasted it below. This is part of our monthly process to stay connected, so thanks for filling it out!

Rankings are as follows:

• Swim Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Bike Fitness vs Last Month: 2
    • Run Fitness vs Last Month: 1
    • Body Comp vs Last Month: 2

Next month's focus: getting back on my feet

Hey man, thanks for checking in. I like to see how you've been consistent over the past few weeks even though you haven't been at 100%. When you are ready, I'm happy to walk you through the return to run protocol or whatever your next best step is. Just let me know here and we can go from there! If you'd prefer to talk, set it up here: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min

~ Coach P

• Options

@Bill Manard I got your Check-In update, and have pasted it below. This is part of our monthly process to stay connected, so thanks for filling it out!

No that running regularly is on your agenda. In case you didn't see it, we are having a 100 day run challenge right now but you are more than welcome to join. Anything over a mile counts so you can be as disciplined as you need to be.

The Fall is all about run durability, and my past office hours and webinars in the last three weeks have been all about this. If you want to connect to set up some targets, let's do it here in the forums and we can go from there!

Bill Manard is following the Other Plan / DIY Training.

His Rankings are as follows:

- Swim Fitness vs Last Month: 3

- Bike Fitness vs Last Month: 2

- Run Fitness vs Last Month: 2

- Body Comp vs Last Month: 2

Next month's focus: Getting back to regularly running

Extra help request: Fix the fora so that I can actually log in... I don't think I need to say more than the GM traffic has said.