Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Francisco Rodriguez Macro Thread

Hi Francisco,

This is your very own “Macro Thread” where you and I can discuss any questions you may have about the Triathlon Season Roadmap (TSR) that I created for you here. This is also a space where we can discuss any big picture, season planning, race schedule and other related issues you may have going forward.

Welcome aboard!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Coach Rich, a couple weeks ago I listened to your podcast on nutrition, it was really good an I started following your tip on the "my fitness pal" app. I signed up and started tracking my meals and calories in order to trim my with down.  my question is on energy, do you have any tips on how to keep my energy levels as I trim back on my calories.  last week I was feeling really rundown and just didn't have the energy to get quality work outs. 
  • Options
    Coach Rich, a couple weeks ago I listened to your podcast on nutrition, it was really good an I started following your tip on the "my fitness pal" app. I signed up and started tracking my meals and calories in order to trim my with down.  my question is on energy, do you have any tips on how to keep my energy levels as I trim back on my calories.  last week I was feeling really rundown and just didn't have the energy to get quality work outs. 
    Hey Francisco,

Notes:
    • Highly recommend you configure the settings so that it budgets for you for a weekly weight loss of no more than 1lb per week. In my experience, > 1lb per week will have your dog looking like a pork chop by about Wednesday of a new week :-) 
    • If you're feeling run down, make sure you eat something before or during exercise. When my volume and training is up, and I'm tracking calories, I too find myself on the edge of too low calories at the beginning of a workout. So more and more I'll find myself taking a gel or bottle of G-ade with me on a workout that I otherwise wouldn't bother. 
  • Options
    Coach Rich, I am getting ready to load the second half of my training plan this weekend, and there are two EN*half training plans, ( the second one says a 12 weeks) I'm assuming I need to load the first option, but I just want to confirm. By the way, thank you for all the help you provide to the team.
  • Options
    Hey Francisco,

Please load up the 20wk version. Thanks!
  • Options
    Thank you. Wow that's a change in pace. 
  • Options

i am trying to decide which platform to use swift or trainer road. i have used both in the past, but i am wondering if either one is friendlier to the EN model.

how does this work inside the apps? is there pre-built workouts with in the apps for EN or do i have to build my workout in the app to match my plan?

thank you

• Options

@Francisco Javier Rodriguez

I can't believe I missed this! We have the workouts built for both.

We have workouts already built for Zwift and Trainer Road for the OutSeason, HIM and IM plans. If you have a smart trainer and a Zwift or Trainer Road account, download the workouts for Zwift to your computer or login to Trainer Road library and get after it inside.

SignIn

http://members.endurancenation.us/TrainingPlan/TrainingPlanCentralPage.aspx#outseason

For Zwift: Unzip the workouts into Documents -> Zwift -> Workouts -> "rider number" folder on the device you use to stream Zwift. My "rider number" is 126713. It will be the only numbered folder under workouts.

For Trainer Road: Use this like to request access tr theeEN workouv library. Request access by sending a message "Request Invite to Trainer Road" to ppisaj2s@inbound.intercom-mail.com 

• Options

@Francisco Javier Rodriguez how is the training going for you now that you have the right workouts?! 😂

~ Coach P