Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2017 Rev3 Quassy Welcome and Introductory Thread

Image result for Rev3 QuassyWelcome to the Rev3 Quassy Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc! and

Do not forget to check out the Half Ironman Race Page, your one stop shop for all things, dates, actions and resources related to your big race. From there you’ll be able to find all of the relevant resources, get critical dates, find out how to connect with the Team and much, much more.

If you need additional support, please let us know using the support tab on the right side of the page

Comments

• Options
    Hey All, I plan on Racing Quassy for the 1st time and then jetting straight out to the AL T Bad A$$ camp for a week.. 
    Are there any team events, dinners, etc planned around the Quassy race weekend?
  • Options
    Hey, folks!

Quassy is one of my key races in preparation for IM Wisconsin. One goal of mine is to race smart enough to post my best run split for a HIM, weather permitting.

Though I'm an EN rookie this season, I've done the Quassy Half several times, AMA. 

I'd be up for a team dinner. If there isn't already something in the works, I can recommend Carlito's of Woodbury, down the road from race central.
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2017 6:13PM
    Looking forward to racing Quassy and meeting everyone up there.  It will be my first time doing this race.  I live pretty close by, so I am considering driving up that morning.  
  • Options
    This will be my 5th time.  I'm doing the revolution.  In the past we have done a lunch on Saturday.  That is one tough run course to get a PB.
  • Options
    I'm in for Quassy. It will be my 5th time, but the first time I didn't roll off the couch in mid April to start training for it.  It's the first year I can actually say I'm looking forward to Quassy. My daughter did the kids race last year and loved it. She's planning on doing it again as well.
  • Options
    Hey team, I'll be racing the half.  It will be my first time at Quassy.  Looking forward to a fast flat bike and run!  ;) I haven't been on the bike or in the pool much yet this year, but i've been running quite a bit.  Going to start up the multisport training full blast next week.  Hopefully in time to not tank half way through the swim!  Looking forward to a big team race, meeting all of you and sharing the race course!
  • Options
    So...loaded my training plan and I'm trying not to freak out. I work about 15 hours a day and only have about 90 minutes for workouts during the week.  I can probably work in the long weekend workouts. And I'm going to find a pool tomorrow.  I haven't swam since my last HIM 17 months ago.  I have a good base- did NOS and have been doing 60-90 min trainer rides three times a week, running 5-7 days/about 30 miles a week and just did a half marathon.  Talk me off the ledge!
  • Options
    If you can't quit that job of yours then you will have to relax and look forward to a fun day of catered multisport with your friends.  Looking forward to seeing you there.
  • Options
    Welp, pretty sure the Air Force isn't going to let me quit! Didy first out door ride today- 2.5 hours. Boy, I have a long way to go!  I'll check out the pool this weekend and start swimming and look forward to a relaxing day. It'll be what it's gonna be.
  • Options
    I'm in for Quassy.  Using it for training for IMLP.  Grew up in the area and some of those roads are on my old riding routes.  Welcome to hilly! See everyone there.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!  Inaugural Quassy races for me with both Oly and HIM ... yikes, not sure what I was thinking ...  :o
    Current plan is to race the Oly, then survive the HIM.  Looking forward to seeing everyone soon in CT!
  • Options
    Where is everyone staying? I saw an offer of someone who is giving up a hotel room- are they sold out?  
  • Options
    @Leslie Knight Wyndham Southbury for me.  Reserved back in Jan. so not sure what lodging situation is now.

• Options
    I grabbed a decent room at the Econolodge down the road. 
  • Options
    On another note... how did everyone's race rehearsal go? Is this the only thread for Quassy?
    i was unable to do a full rehearsal as my pool is closed on Saturday. Bike went great. Or so I thought, until the run. Too few calories and liquid on the bike made for a miserable run!! And 30 degrees warmer than my previous training days didn't help. But that's why we rehearse, right? To remind us that our summer racing self needs different stuff that our winter/spring training self. 
  • Options
    Raced a half mary this past wknd so Coach P. suggested to push RR to upcoming wknd.  I have a route planned (no swim either ... though considering 30min run to pre-fatigue) but haven't finalized my nutrition/hydration plan yet.
  • Options
    @Leslie Knight I had a race rehearsal last weekend.  The swim was fine but I am a very slow swimmer (2:06 pace, but felt quite comfortable).  The ride went well - 17.5 mph over hilly terrain.  However, my friend punctured his tire.  The situation was made challenging by my friend's carbon race wheels, so it took us about 20 minutes to replace the tube.  My run was cut short to just 30 minutes.  

Also, it was very hot - high 80s.  This was a big surprise after the cool spring we had been having up until that point.

This week, my season training plan moved from the HIM plan to a full IM plan, so I will be on a different training schedule.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Quassy.
  • Options
    My RR was cold & rainy ... eventually fingers & toes froze so managed only 40mi ride ... and was requisitely jealous of your RR experience @Patrick Marsh !  Once toes thawed, did get 6mi run in which was good.  Nutrition & hydration plans seem ok, though next RR hoping for a better test.
  • Options
    @Rory Gumina
    Sorry to hear about your cold and rainy RR.  It is back in the 40s hear in the mornings here.  So, the only hot day we have had was April 30th.  Hope the weather improves for the rest of your training.  
  • Options
    I'll be there this year.  I hope to find the mojo I left out on one of the hills at the end of the run a couple of years ago...
  • Options
    Final RR went ok yesterday!  Both ride & run felt pretty good, nutrition & hydration plan seems to work ... And was able to break out zipp wheels and aero helmet for the ride as well!  Coudn't get swim in prior, so instead ran 30" treadmill to pre-fatigue.

Still in mid-40's here, so tights and 3 layers on top were required ... while one can never tell, am thinking that won't be the situation during race weekend ... B) 

See everyone in a few! 
  • Options
    Saturday RR went well. Can't do swim bc pool closed on Saturday and had limited time. Adequately fueled this time and not 90 degrees made all the difference!
    Followed by very hilly HM today that was right at my usual time, so I was very happy. Hoping this solidified my fitness because it's as good as it's going to get. Hacking next weekend bc of travel. 
    Looking forward to seeing everyone. Do we have a race captain? Is someone putting together a dinner? I'm coming alone and unsupported, so hoping for some team mojo. 
  • Options
    Did my RR today, yesterday had some family commitments. 

Swim:
    2 miles in 1:06

Bike:
    outdoors,
    56 miles in 3:38

Run:
    ouch,
    5 miles in 1:03
    Had a small wipe out dodging cars so knee was sore, still slow but logged it 

Fairly flat here in KS ... so made myself only use big ring ... flat but influenced by wind ... hope to have it at go time!

See everyone soon ... stay safe!

Marc

• Options
    @Leslie Knight

send a a message to Brenda Ross so she includes you in the GroupMe for race week. 

See you soon ...
    Marc
  • Options
    1st open water swim of the season today!!!  3/4 of a mile ... 1:30 pace ... full-sleeve ... not bad!   :)

Wore new Castelli top, which fits fine (eg. zipper didn't pop open, I have size L and am 5'8" and 165lbs) ... didn't notice the sleeves at all with my sleeved wetsuit top.  I also experimented with my sleeveless wetsuit top ... Castelli sleeves were noticeable but not annoying ... not sure about drag effect.
  • Options
    Is anyone driving up on Sunday/race-day for the HIM?  I live an hour away, so I plan to leave my house around 4:00 am-4:15 am, and getting to the staging area by 5:15 am. The transition area closes at 6:30 am.  I just realized that a race-day packet pick-up requires pre-approval.  One has to pay a $35 fee and watch a pre-race safety video.  

Also, I found my bib #.  It is 863.  

How do we confirm that we are signed up as an EN team member?