Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2017 70.3 Syracuse Welcome and Introductory Thread

Related imageWelcome to the IM 70.3 Syracuse Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc! and

Do not forget to check out the Half Ironman Race Page, your one stop shop for all things, dates, actions and resources related to your big race. From there you’ll be able to find all of the relevant resources, get critical dates, find out how to connect with the Team and much, much more.

If you need additional support, please let us know using the support tab on the right side of the page

Comments

• Options
    I'm in for 2017 as my prep for IM LP.  Raced last year.  Hoping for cooler temps this year.  Glad they changed the brutal run course.
  • Options
    Just signed up for this race. We thought we were moving before the season, but nothing is set in stone. I needed a goal to keep my training consistent, so I picked a race to which I can drive. I've never raced in upstate NY and while the profiles look intimidating, the actual elevation change is not that great. Looking forward to this event, hoping for warm water, I intensely dislike cold water swims.
  • Options
    @Michele Cellai I've done this race twice and will be doing it again this year as a warm up for IMLP.  If you do your training rides in this part of the country the bike is not that bad - very typical  - a lot of rollers with with a few big climbs and some fast descents, but nothing technical.  The hardest part are the first 12 miles.  Coming out of the swim, adrenaline flowing it hits you pretty hard.  If you follow the EN mantra - if people are passing you, your pacing correct, then it's manageable.  There are also quite a few intersections/turns that often slow you down some.  I understand that they have changed the course for this year with a few more hills at the end :/ .  Overall plan on this bike to NOT be one of your fastest rides.  On a positive note, they also changed the run.  It used to be one of the hardest triathlon runs I have done with a killer hill in the middle that you would climb twice.  That is now gone!  There are rollers but what goes up also comes down and it is overall a pretty fair run.  The swim is nothing special.  It does tend to be weedy and that freaks some people out, but it's not a big deal.  There is a long jog to T1.  
    I hope you have a good race!