Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Chris Rosamond Micro Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
     That’s fantastic news! That said you don’t have to worry about that transition until Wk 10, we will just need to make it more TRI specific as the season Evolves. 
  • Options
    hey Coach- just read the Eswim clinic book. Awesome! Wish i read it months ago.

I am about 3 weeks away from swim camp and am not a very good swimmer.  Should I commit my mondays and Fridays to the technique drills you outlined in the swim book until swim camp?  I have stopped doing crossfit and had been planning to get back into the pool for drill purposes.

your guidance/suggested approach is greatly appreciated
  • Options
    @“chris Rosamond” -  yes, Mondays and Fridays is drill this is perfect. That will give me just enough time to get the basic routine down before you start swimming with Millington. Give yourself plenty of time with those drills… This isby as much of a fitness session as much as it is a skill/mindfulness session. 
  • Options
    Hey Coach -
    Hope all is well!

Looking ahead at my plan, you indicated to load the Intermediate EN*Full Minimalist.  Is this the 2017 plan or should I be looking at the 2018 ones which is titled a bit different?

Also, I had my half marathon run test today.  Felt sooo good!! Finished the last three real strong. Thanks for the excellent programming!!!

My time was a much slower than the pace I have been winter training (treadmill) and what the day's effort would have produced on race day BUT my run route area is hilly as ssshhhhhh :) Lots of long steep hills   

Should I make any adjustments to my recorded times or simply leave be?

Thanks so much!
    Chris
  • Options
    Leave the times as they are (solid work there!) and use the 2018 Minimalist and do the L2 workouts as listed in the main set. 

I updated the olans this hear but didnt go back to change individual roadmaps! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

~ Coach P 
  • Options
    Do I finish my swim camp (I am on second week) or jump right into plan Minimalist plan, which puts me at like week 8 of 20.   

I have done everyone to date from the original plan (see below)
    • On 1/8/2018 Load the OutSeason (Run Focus) Plan, and do the Level One (L1) Workouts 14wks to end on 4/15/2018
    • On 4/16/2018 Load the -- Swim Camp to end on 4/29/2018
    • On 4/30/2018 Load the Intermediate EN*Full Minimalist to end on 7/22/2018
  • Options
    Nevermind on answering last post of mine.  Just caught up on week 1-8 videos :)

are the "get fast" weekly training sessions on TrainerRoad?   If so, how are they titled?  Been looking but cant find... 

• Options

Great to talk today..I think you are all set and making great progress. Have a great golf trip!

~ Coach P
  • Options
    Thanks Coach.  Always appreciate your time. 

As follow up, you offerred to help modify my week 11 of the Minimalist Plan Level 2.   As a reminder, I will be able to train that week Sun - Wed, and will be in the desert of Arizona on Thurs-Sun for a golf outing, not working out.  

How do you suggest I modify that week given it is a race rehersal week.  Please note, I was planning on using that Wednesday for the race rehersal so really only trying to figure out what to do Sun, Mon and Tues that week.

Your guidance is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!
  • Options
    @“chris rosamond” -  always happy to help. And we can 11 there is a “big day“ and not a race rehearsal so I believe that’s what you’re referring to. Here is how I suggest you redistribute the week:

Sun - long run as planned
    Mon - Bike FTP, bonus if you can also Swim today but not critical. 
    Tue - Run FTP (from wed). 
    Wed - Big Day
    Thu to Sun = OFF

The only other thought I have is that we might want to move up the long run in your return week so we get them back on your schedule as you will have gone almost a week without it. Something like splitting the Week 11 long run as a Monday night and Tuesday morning in the week you are
    back. 

Let me know if that’s possible!
  • Options
    Thanks Coach - gonna try and get my long run in Sunday upon my return ..

Great re-working of weekly schedule.  Thanks!!!
  • Options
    What up Coach P !  Hope all is well by you!

I live on a lake and would prefer to do my proscribed swims from my backyard as I love open water swimming as opposed to fighting for lane space at the Y.  Plus, I feel as it is much more realistic practice which really allows me to get in the zone and focus on form, and I can  relax in the open water while i struggle to relax in a pool setting.  

Would this be ok going forward ?  And if so, would my goals simply be to try and match total proscribed yards given that day's workout ?  

Any thoughts / guidance is greatly appreciated!

• Options
    Open invite !  Whenever your in NJ :)

so pumped to hear this , and thanks for guidance.  Excellent stuff as always.  
  • Options
    Hey Coach -

Just providing some feedback as it relates to our call.
    - your bike tips were awesome.  Especially turning downhill with a slight push out of the inside knee ... feel stable in the 6/12 position as well. The entire ride felt safer, more comfortable and faster than usual.  
    - the modification to my feeding schedule where I take in less solids and more liquids was money as well!!   taking down more G.E. and sacrificing a Gell per hour was right on.  felt great this past Sat on the 5 hour ride/run thereafter in hot conditions.

Really appreciate it.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    Hey Coach - Look forward to meeting you in person this upcoming weekend!

Question regarding tire PSI:

I currently weight about 173 will probably race at this weight, am 5'11.   I am racing on Zipp 404 front and 808 carbon clinchers.  I practiced with 105 PSI on front and 110 on back for many months until after my bike tune up a few weeks back .  Fit Werx built my bike and did the tune up and I really trust those cats.  

They suggested a much lower PSI -- they actually did a quick computer calculation and said 86psi was ideal for my bike/weight, but I did not want to compromise that much PSI from where I practiced so late in my season. so we agreed that 92 PSI would be good.  I have ridden a few times at 92 PSI for front and back and do like the ride/feel better than the 105/110 PSI.  

What PSI would you suggest for IMLP ?  looking more for safety and no tire popping than max performance as I am not a terribly fast rider.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Chris
  • Options
     Thanks for the question! The real factor here is your tire with. If you’re running 25s or 28s, the lower psi is signed. You can use it for your recon today and tomorrow and you will notice no difference in terms of handling her comfort. I personally race at 178 and go 90 on the front and 95 on the rear. I hope that helps! 
  • Options
    Coach P.   You rule man!!!  so great seeing you out there in the midst ... really inspriring and loved meeting your family before the finish!!

Thanks so much for all the input and guidance you have provided.  I accomplished exactly what I hoped to while having one of the most memorable days of my life.  Because i knew i was so physically and mentally prepared for this race, i was able to keep a very low heart rate all day and stay within myself and be loose. I smiled all day man !  loved it!! 

I had no physical, nutritional, or mechanical issues at all, which was so great. Thanks again to your guidance. 

I managed to finish the run without stopping (accept pee breaks/aid stations).  

Thanks again for all your help in this journey.  Was literally one of the greatest weekends my family and I have had..... 
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2018 11:02AM
    Man, you killed it. Not only from a race execution standpoint, but also from an experience standpoint. Dude you soaked it all in and got every single penny’s worth of your investment. Couldn’t be happier for you. What a great first Ironman!
  • Options
    Thanks again Coach P.   

I am going to go into hibernation mode (aka maintanence mode) until next season, at which point I will be back. Most likely leaning towards a 1/2 next year with some smaller stuff.  Thinking I will be back for the full IMLP 2020, and will try and see what I can do in terms of time.

I will be with EN for all of this!!!  Love you guys and your guidance!!! Thanks again!!

Enjoy the rest of your summer and speak with you in late 2018/early 2019.
    Chris Rosamond
  • Options
    You got it. Remember I know you like to lift weights but we recommend doing our winter training program, the out season, each year. If you are just doing have next year, then I suggest you return for the January outseason. Enjoy your well-deserved break!