Home Announcements 🎙
Options

LAST CALL!! Castelli Tri Skinsuit April ReOrder -- April 3rd through April 10th -- ENDS TODAY!

Hi Team,

We are doing an April reorder of the Castelli skinsuit:

Special Edition 10th Anniversary Speedsuit, by Castelli

This is a unisex top and mens or womens short, and is the same high performance kit that we've used for the last couple years to outfit our Kona squad. 

Castelli Speedsuit Ordering and Availability

Thanks for shopping and thanks for representing!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 3, 2017 8:28PM
    A few stupid questions:

Is the speed suit a cycling shorts and jersey?  
    Or is this something I would wear under my wetsuit and use to run and ride after I swim?
  • Options
    It looks like the top and shorts are 2 separate items. I had the same question about racing in the top. Is it comfortable to run in as well? I prefer having the extra sun protection on my shoulders. Debating between this top or a tri top and some desoto cool wings.
  • Options
    This is a 2 peice, as shorts and sleeved top, meant to be worn under a wetsuit, then ride, then run. Note that this is a high performance (very aerodynamic) racing kit, you don't want to train with it. Save it for race day. FYI, all the Cool Guys train in cycling bib shorts and a cycling jersey. See our Pactimo kit in the EN Store on Trisports here
  • Options
    Looks good Coach ... what experience do you have with Castelli sizes? ... do they run small, or large, or pretty true?
  • Options
    Can you swim and run with this?  I want a short sleeve to get sun off my shoulders
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm the sizing and how they fit?  I have not used this line before...
  • Options
    Swim and run: yes, see my notes above. This is a tri suit, meant to be worn for the entire the race. The significant benefit of this kit vs our triathlon singlet is that it's very aerodynamic. That is, in about the last 2-3yrs, the triathlon world has realized the speed potential of tight fitting, aerodynamic clothing vs the more "traditional" sleeveless triathlon top. This kit is designed to save you time on the bike by being very aerodynamic.

Size: when you're in the Castelli store, click on the size chart link. My body measurements fit the medium kit and the medium kit fits me. It's true to size. 
  • Options
    This is a 2 peice, as shorts and sleeved top, meant to be worn under a wetsuit, then ride, then run. Note that this is a high performance (very aerodynamic) racing kit, you don't want to train with it. Save it for race day. FYI, all the Cool Guys train in cycling bib shorts and a cycling jersey. See our Pactimo kit in the EN Store on Trisports here
    Ok, for us dummies, this is long sleeve, how warm is it in hot weather and what does it have for pockets in the shorts and top for gels, etc?  How easy to put on your wetsuit with these sleeves?
  • Options
    The sleeve ends just above or below the elbow. Sorry, don't recall, see the pics. We've made a Kona version of this kit for a couple years for our KQ guys so it's good in hot weather. It has two pockets in the back of the top, none in the shorts. 
  • Options
    Seems to be this doesn't add much benefit vs. the 'onesie' speedsuit that also is tight fitting with sleeves beyond the fact you don't need to swim with the top of the 'onesie' rolled up in your swimskin/wetsuit.   Am I missing anything?
  • Options
    Seems to be this doesn't add much benefit vs. the 'onesie' speedsuit that also is tight fitting with sleeves beyond the fact you don't need to swim with the top of the 'onesie' rolled up in your swimskin/wetsuit.   Am I missing anything?
    Jeremy,

If you're referring to the LG one piece, I'd say you're mostly correct, except that this Castelli version includes pockets. More importantly, this Castelli skin suit is our only high performance option at this time. We don't plan on firing up an order of the LG kit.

Bottomline, if you want to race in high performance, highly aerodynamic racing kit with a cool 10th anniversary EN design, jump on this order now!
  • Options
    I'm def in for the women's shorts and a maybe for the top. Any females (past Kona studettes?) out there have this top that I could check sizing with?
  • Options
     (past Kona studettes?) out there have this top that I could check sizing with?
    @John Withrow has one.   He's girly so I'd ask him.
  • Options
    What's @John Withrow's bra size?  :)
  • Options
    I don't know.  He didn't let me get to second base when we roomed together.   
  • Options
    As @John Withrow 's "biatch" I keep a full record of his lingerie orders, I think he's roughly a 44B
  • Options
    I'd love to order a kit but it doesn't appear to offer Canada as a shipping option?  Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    what just happened here......:)
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2017 4:54PM
    I'm with Julie Pfeifle - if someone could comment on how the unisex top fits women, I could be in
  • Options
    Julie Pfeifle"  not sure why it changed my post
  • Options
    Order placed for top & shorts
  • Options
    @Julie Pfeifle
    Castelli say that the unisex sizing normally runs one size smaller than your ladies size.  so...if you are a Medium in a ladies size, get a small in the unisex top.
  • Options
    Thanks @Dawn Cass!  @Ellen Sauter-- make note of Dawn's comment above. I think I'm going to do it, definitely the shorts, as I've heard great things about them, and for the top, I have a short-sleeve top from my local team and love it - no underarm chafing and of course, a little more sun protection and then, there's the aero benefit!
  • Options
    @Julie Pfeifle
    @Ellen Sauter
    Ladies, I will be placing my order today.  I am not sure about the shorts however will go with the sizing chart as it's mentioned earlier in the post it's pretty close to size.  Also...in the event we get sizes wrong, we could always compare with each other and swap between us as there are no returns to Castelli with special orders.  Just an idea!
  • Options
    Perfect!  Great idea @Dawn Cass!
  • Options
    Rich,
    I just tried to place my order for a Medium kit and hot a message at the Castelli EN store saying: Store Closed 3/8/2017   
    Wasn't it supposed to close evening of 3/10???
    If possible I would still like to place my order. 
    Tks
  • Options
    Hey Juan,

When I go to do the link the store is still open. Please make sure you're using this link: https://teamorder.serviziocorse.com/index.aspx?pc=5BB5E547-6B65-485D-8826-FF7EF11D9A96
  • Options
    Everyone,

This order closes today! Many peeps have put items in their carts but have not actually purchased so this is a reminder that if you want this kit, you'll need to go back into the Store here and complete your purchase!
  • Options
    Rich,

I've  been trying to place my order for a Medium kit however, in the Castelli EN store it clearly states: Store Closed 3/8/2017.
    Do you have another link?  

Thanks,

R.