Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Its almost that time.... 13 Weeks

Hey Friends! 

My name is Mariah - your Marketing Director for EN but for the next 13 weeks, I'm your official Race Captain, or Team/Race Mom as so many of you like to call me! 

Today marks 13 weeks until Ironman Lake Placid --- besides a big GULP! What does that mean? 

Next week you will officially be in Ironman Training the EN way! Every Sunday evening I will post a new thread. 

We will go over what you're suppose to focus on, sponsorship discounts, coach notes, team mojo, race specific info and much more. 

As many years as I have been doing this I can tell you one thing, the race specific threads that stay the most active, are the ones that get the most out of the EN experience and are the most prepared for their race. TRUST ME ON THIS! 

Once a day, jump in the forum and chat, read what other athletes are doing and throw down your training tips, secrets and emotions. We will quite literally be your endurance family for the next 13 weeks. 

So your goal is to grab everyone you know who is racing IMLP and remind them about this forum, tag it so you can always get to it and lets have fun. 

If we aren't friends on social media yet, WHY HAVEN'T YOU ACCEPTED MY FRIEND REQUEST?! HELLO we are best friends now didn't you know that? 

FACEBOOK /mariahbridges77
Instagram & Twitter: eatpraylovenc 
Email: mariah@endurancenation.us 

Really excited to go through this journey with you! 

Comments

• Options
    Great timing Mariah as I'm a lost soul after completing the JOS.  I'm just finishing week 1 of the swim camp and looking forward to one more week of down time before the 12 weeks into LP. 

There is always a large EN contingent at LP and I'm excited to train and race with you all again. 
  • Options
    Yippee Skippee!  I am in for Placid.  Super excited.  I am still on the half iron plan until May 21 - as that is my tune up race.  I will be going to be there June 15-18th to check out course with a group.  hopefully I will see some ENers that weekend!
    Happy training.
  • Options
    Thanks for the wake up call.... Time to get to work!
  • Options
    Whooohooooo!...I can feel it!...I wish I could make the camp but will be up there the a few weeks after June 1-4 and will do my Race Rehearsal on course...
  • Options
    Thanks Mariah.  

Does anyone know the details for the EN IMLP camp?  Are we training on Thursday the 15th, or is that a travel day and we will meet that afternoon?  I am always juggling business trips, so I am trying to figure out what day I need to head up to Lake Placid.  

I am very excited for this race.  I signed up for this eight months ago on a lark, but now I can see that we are about to get into the thick of things.

Good luck to everyone with their training!
  • Options
    @PatrickMcCrann has notes on the camp - all I know is what is on the website as its not a camp I help run but Im with Patrick this week and weekend for BRC so I can chat him up 
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2017 11:07AM
    @Mariah Bridges girl I'm just trying to survive BRC...yikes LP is less than 100 days away!  
  • Options
    I'm excited to start this journey with the team. This is my first Ironman and I will definitely be reaching out for tips along the way.  
  • Options
    What's up EN peeps! Can't believe only 3 months out...reality sets in at this point and time to get serious. This will be my second year at IMLP but first race with EN so looking forward to meeting a lot of you!
  • Options
    3 months..had my first 'omg wtf am i doing' moment today... haha!
  • Options
    Hi, all. My 2nd IM and 2nd IMLP. I live just 45 min from Placid, so I have the advantage of being able to train on the course. I diligently followed the DecOS plan, then began the full intermediate IM plan. I had a couple of run training partners who were training for Boston, but I'm kind of solo now, so I'll be on here a lot for motivation and support from partners in pain :smile:
  • Options
    I am excited, scared, freaking out, did I say excited for the coming weeks of training! Here we go!!

(and my wonderful husband wants to start a complete DIY kitchen reno in a few weeks...this is awesome since this is long overdue, he realizes that I will help when I can, but at peak training our kitchen will be demolished... I'll be planning to accommodate this...bring on the challenge!)
  • Options
    Hi Team, looking forward to the next 3 months. A year ago, Placid was going to be my key race of '17, but circumstances have made it a slightly less important part of a bigger season. This will be #10 for me, and I've always stayed away from this race because of the bike and run courses and the $. Still a little bit of fear of the course, but plan on building confidence as I build some fitness in the coming weeks. Having done a few IMs with a big group of ENers, this race is guaranteed to have a ton of positive mojo. And my daughter will once again be catching finishers from 7pm-midnight. My goal is to not have her catch me. 

Now im off to Blue Ridge to get things started. 
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2017 2:38PM
    @Mike Roberts -  true that the bike course is deceptively difficult and has downstream impacts on your run....however, I would argue that this level of difficulty plays to your strengths given how very smart of a IM racer you are, the decisions you make on race day and the mental strength you have......I see the silver lining in this problem......

SS

• Options
    @Mike Roberts SS has hit the nail on the head.  I've gone out too hard on this bike course a couple times and paid for it.  I finally learned to leave my over aggressive time goals out of the day of execution particularly on the bike.  Given your execution skills, the team knowledge and the 4 keys talk you should have tons of information to solidify your execution plan.  Coach P has done this race many times and trained on it even more with camps.  He does a superb job at setting racers up to execute on this course.  I still go to the pre-race webinar and the 4 key talk each time I do the race.

Given my level of fitness your daughter will be at the finish line when I cross, hopefully just having a chat and not actually catching me.  Thank her in advance for volunteering as it's much appreciated. 

• Options
    Did my FTP test last night. My number didn't budge from last month, though VO2 max was up 2 watts. LTHR was also up 5 bpm. Guessing the increased training load the past month impacted my effort. I was a little disappointed, but still mostly on the trainer. Hopefully, the weather will improve soon and I can get outdoors and take that FTP out for a spin to see what it can do.
  • Options
    OK, here we go.  #2 IMLP for me.  
    I thought we had more time... :)  Mirror lake must still be frozen...
  • Options
    Looking forward for IMLP. First full IM for me....should be a fun experience....I hope! 
  • Options
    When I signed up last year I was fired up to race LP for a 2nd time, this time with EN knowledge, training & community.  After a couple of long runs last week I developed some persistent pain in my right foot.  In testing it yesterday it seems to kick in when going uphill, so all I have to do is avoid those in LP :smile:

• Options
    Don't worry. The hills are all downhills. 
  • Options
    Hey I know most of us are coming out of OS and either doing swim, bike or other camp this week....but has anyone loaded the IM plan and noticed that the first week is Testing? and the Weekend is a 1-4-1 kinda big day? yikes.
  • Options
    @Joseph Lombardi I'm new to EN, so I think I missed the boat on the camps. I'm doing the 20 week IM plan, and yes, this is 1-4-1 weekend. I'm cheating at bit, did the swim today after work, because I don't have time tomorrow. I'll be on the bike at 8 am for the 4 hr ride, and doing a 1 hr run after. I'm looking forward to/dreading the day :smiley:
  • Options
    Mike Roberts, my daughter will be life guarding for the second time this year.  It's great to have family as part of the experience.  My wife is also racing, so it's a big family experience.  We love Placid, great race and a great family vacation!
  • Options
    @Joseph LombardiYes I noticed that.  I'm not sure exactly how I will hack this first week as I don't plan on doing any testing.  I'm contemplating just doing week 2 twice but there is more bike work on the weekend in week 2 than in the big day.  Given my fitness coming in I'm just going with the beginner plan an will probably supplement a little here and there if I can.

• Options
    Back from BRC and not doing any intensity as of yet...but the clock is ticking!!!  Like most of you, excited and a bit freaked out.  This is my second IMLP and the goal is to beat my younger self with EN in my corner and a few more IM races under my belt.  Giddy Up!
  • Options
    Reminder to all that I created a team on strava so we can all see the volume and work on crushing heach other.. 
    no shock that our diva @Danielle Santucci won the volume on time, distance and longest activity last week edging out myself and @Mike Roberts

the group can be found at https://www.strava.com/clubs/EN-IMLP - please join & I'll let you in!
  • Options

Awesome - thanks Scott!

• Options
    Post BRC interval ride was a wake up call with lots of fatigue in my legs (and my sit bones on my new saddle)
    6', 7', 8', 9' @FTPhttps://www.strava.com/activities/969722744

• Options
    Hmmm...changing saddle and find the saddle clamp mechanism has a crack? Need to find replacement ASAP supposed to have big day this weekend...may have to ride it on the roadie. ugh.
  • Options
    @Joseph Lombardi - funny, i wanted to ride the roadie, finally got the new bars on the new whip. Friggin shifters weren't working, so I did it on the tri bike!!